The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca Swiss Cube vs Photoclam 'Cube'

felix5616

Can anyone tell me if there is any functional/structural difference or performance difference between the arca swiss cube and the photoclam version of the cube. There is a $500 difference in the price.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Patents, integrity, copies etc etc.

There was a whole long set of threads about this here a while ago. Try a search on photoclam and I'm sure that it'll come up.

This'll get you started (and everyone else probably ): http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-digital-backs/6774-save-$.html

Btw, I have a Photoclam Pro II Gold head and it's every bit as good as my RRS & Arca larger alternatives. I can't speak for the Multiflex though.

Last edited:

stephengilbert

Please lets not go through this whole thing again. As the earlier thread shows, there are at least two schools of thought regarding the ethics involved in this choice, and as I recall, people were getting pretty pissed off by the time the thread went on for a while.

Rethmeier

Had one of those! Very well made,however sold it and now have the Arca Swiss D4 geared head,which I prefer. I also sold my tripod and now have a Gitzo carbon Fibre tripod.
Stephen G should be apply now.