The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

"Capturing Infrared"

Don Libby

I'll be sending my A7r IR 665 conversion back to Life Pixels shortly to have it converted once again - this time to full spectrum. Now I need to gather the needed filters. Thanks to everyone who has given me this idea (you all owe me a little cash :p:D)

I've also decided I "need a tilt/shift lens" (thanks to another thread) and have decided the best option is to pick up another Hartblie (had one years ago) that way I can use it on both my Sony and Phase One.

Don

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

MaxMax XNiteCC1 is the one that I use in order to shoot with regular light.

I'll be sending my A7r IR 665 conversion back to Life Pixels shortly to have it converted once again - this time to full spectrum. Now I need to gather the needed filters. Thanks to everyone who has given me this idea (you all owe me a little cash :p:D)

I've also decided I "need a tilt/shift lens" (thanks to another thread) and have decided the best option is to pick up another Hartblie (had one years ago) that way I can use it on both my Sony and Phase One.

Don

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Don, I have read some recommendations that we should use a UV filter along with the CC1. I have tried it both ways, but with different lenses, so I don't have any conclusion on that point yet.

alajuela

Don

Hi Don

You might try this hot mirror, I like better than the B+W
Hot Mirror UVIR Cut Filter | Kolari Vision Infrared Conversion Service and IR Photography

Also maybe you might be interested in either of these two

MaxMax X-NiteXDP

X-Ray Comparison

This one passes UV and IR only

Quantity  XNite30030

Best

Phil

Don Libby

Okay folks I need a little help...

Filters have been ordered as well as a new lens both of which are on their way. I'll be shipping the camera back to Life Pixel for yet another conversion. Let's talk about custom white balance...

No I don't need help figuring out a custom WB for IR; what I need to wrap my brain around is the WB for full spectrum. Is this a set and forget or will I need to create a new one each time?

That's it folks. No more images until I return from WY and get the camera back; in the meantime I'll be living through what's being shared here.

Don