The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best digital macro setup as of Sept. 2016?

bradhusick

If you wanted the best possible image quality in a digital setup for macro photography (close to rocks and minerals in a studio), what would you recommend as of today? The Sony 90mm macro is the highest rated macro lens in the DXO database and the A7R-II rates very high, but what would you say? Leica S2 with 120mm APO-Macro-Summarit-S? Other?

Thanks.

V

Vivek

Without proper lighting set up, even a fancy and atrociously overpriced gear will not do much.

How about the olympus macro with stacking possibility- perfect for non moving rocks.

bradhusick

Without proper lighting set up, even a fancy and atrociously overpriced gear will not do much.

How about the olympus macro with stacking possibility- perfect for non moving rocks.

Thanks, I am assuming a great lighting setup. Which Olympus?

V

Vivek

Thanks, I am assuming a great lighting setup. Which Olympus?
One of the olympus m43 EM cameras ( i don't know the exact model) with an olympis 60mm macro that allows for stacking with many continuos captures.

f6cvalkyrie

The Olympus E-M1 allows for focus stacking/bracketing if you did upgrade to FW4 and use certain lenses
E-M10 MkII seems to allow for that too ...
I tried it, but wasn't overly happy with the results :-(

C U,
Rafael