The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Star tracker recommendations

I have developed an interest in astrophotography, and have started doing a lot of research on methods.

Skipping a lot of details, I have a question regarding star trackers.

For those of you who use one, which star tracker do you like the best?

Now, as always on the forum, I want to qualify my question so as not to get a lot of “irrelevant” responses. Price is not a consideration, and I would like to find a solution that is easily portable (such as the Vixen Optics Polarie, or the iOptron SkyGuider), but reliable to work with a heavier Nikon D5, and a Zeiss wide-angle. I am also interested in which ones have the better accessories.

Shashin

I have a Vixen Polarie. It is a really nice star tracker. I also have the polar scope for it. It is very compact and easy to carry. I know people also like the iOptron. When you think of the load, the tripod and tripod head are part and parcel of the equation. Tracking with wide-angle lenses is not very demanding.