Thread: Panasonic AG-AF100

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Panasonic AG-AF100

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Panasonic AG-AF100

Looks very good, and just a match needed for lighting What on earth do I do with all the strobes and stuff I've wasted money on, I wonder

Post Thanks / Like

I follow the AF100 closely. Seems very interesting and maybe worth $5,000. Release should be in December.

Key features: Hardly Moire (due to proper low pass filter), built-in ND filters, peeking for focus). Quite a few pro features are likely not needed by me (XLR audio, SDI output).

Likely a camera that breaks my bank account :-). Good that I have most lenses I would need from my GH1.
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

As I haven't spent much time with micro 4/3's, I'm assuming that I would just need an adapter like the ones on the camerquest site to use my Leica M lenses on this camera? If that's the case, I'm thinking that my noct would be a great 100/2 lens to use for video.

Kurt

Post Thanks / Like

>I would just need an adapter like the ones on the camerquest site to use my Leica M lenses on this camera? If that's the case

Yes.
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Uwe. For those that have a variety of fast lenses already ... this is a very, very intriguing camera. I've been holding off for a long time on video and this might be the one I was looking for in a lot of ways.

Kurt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    Thanks Uwe. For those that have a variety of fast lenses already ... this is a very, very intriguing camera. I've been holding off for a long time on video and this might be the one I was looking for in a lot of ways.

Kurt
    I have been shooting with a gh1 for the past year.. mostly stills but last month I started using the hd video and hacked my camera to increase its quality.
    Using leica r lenses has been really nice with it and look forward to using them on a real video camera like the af100. kurt keep in mind that you do not loose
    an f stop when you use an adapter.. so my 50 1.4 is now a 100 f1.4 on the 4/3rds. My 35mmlux is now my most used lens and have found a new place for my 280f2.8 apo.. really fun to crank the focus in on that..as I said on a leica thread the 4/3 hdvideo is my r solution.. the af100 body is less than one leica S lens!

Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking a lot of the AF100. But what bothers me most about the GH13 (hacked)?

- Aliasing (moire)
    - no built-in ND filter

On the other side the AF100 is big compared to the GH13. I will try to use the GH13 with a filter to reduce aliasing and then use fixed NDs.

Uwe
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Paul, thanks for the heads-up on not losing an f-stop. I wasn't thinking that through. A 150/1.4 with the 75lux would make for some interesting looks.

Kurt