Site Sponsors

Thread: Adobe premiere pro - correct way of exporting to DVD?

Post Thanks / Like

Adobe premiere pro - correct way of exporting to DVD?

What is the right way of exporting video to DVD format? I have Adobe Premiere Pro. I have used the " export " option with H 264 codec with high resolution. It has produced a 2GB mp4 file which I like.

I have tried to export it as a DVD format (setting MPEG-2 DVD) however it creates a 500MB file which is not as good quality as the mp4 file. I have set everything the way that Premiere would create the highes quality. Still it is not as good as the mp4 file.... What do I do wrong?

I also tried to convert the mp4 file into a DVD format and I ended up with a smaller less quality video...

Is it possible to achieve high quality via DVD format export and how??? What do I have to do?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adobe premiere pro - correct way of exporting to DVD?

others will correct me if i am wrong but the problem as I understand it is not which is the best format to output to on the DVD but how to get whatever you have got into a format you or your customers will be able to play the DVD back in?

I have found it tough to squeeze decent standard definition out of H.264 avchd video footage. It is easier to output to DVD in higher quality formats that also look better but may not be compatible with the playback options you may want or need to deliver?

What I used to do was output in high def format and burn alongside the movie on the DVD a copy of VLC media player that is freeware available for nothing on the internet and can play back almost anything, so if the end user is not able to playback the DVD they have the option to install the accompanying program. That way they get to see your work at its best and you donīt lose sleep trying to package your beautiful work in a crappy can.

However since I started doing this new versions of windows media player have come out and if I understand right the latest version can seamlessly play back the higher end formats, so this work around may be as useful as wooden wheels on a helicopter?

Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread and the entire forum on creative cow may be of use to you:

CreativeCOW

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks soooo much!