Site Sponsors

Thread: Web series - "Mind less chitchat" ("Papos de mentes")

Post Thanks / Like

Web series - "Mind less chitchat" ("Papos de mentes")

Hi guys,

Ive spent many years away from video after falling in love with photography but Ive decided to have some fun with video again with this project. The project is a 10 episode dark comedy series about 2 childhood friends who join forces to pass their midterms but always end up engaging in moronic conversations instead.

Objective: having fun and spreading the word (Ive created accounts on twitter, tumblr, youtube, blogger and so on do divulge the series)

Challenges:
    - Finding time to work on this project, considering I work from 9h to 18h and that Im married
    - Finding committed actors at a very specific age range who were whiling to work weekends (these 2 are actually still studying acting...which can be a challenge)
    - Finding my pace around video again
    - Having to do EVERYTHING...yes, you may start throwing stones, but again, bare in mind that Im not in this line of work and this is just something a have a lot of fun with
    - Having to learn about audio...it was a challenge but also very good to learn and Im sure that you will notice the difference from episode to episode (on the first episode the audio is really not up to the standards Id like to keep, on the second things get better and on the third even better)

Cast: Jean Osti (Paulo) and Fbio Cardoso (Ch)
    Crew: me (directed, written, shot, lit, edited, subtitled, etc)
    Equipment: Sony NEX7, Metabones speedbooster, Canon 28mm 1,8, 50mm 1.4, 85m 1.8, Zoom h4N, 2 lavalier mics.

Anyway, guys, be gentle. Im not a "pro video fella".
    Be warned, there is cursing.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg3tz3clmt0

P.S - is there a code for me to embed the youtube window directly on the post?

Post Thanks / Like