The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanS

Hi hcubell, love the composition but I hope you don't mind me commenting on the brightness, just looks a bit unnatural. As for the camera & back, what a nightmare, I do hope it did not scupper your trip.

Deltona

With some trepidation I set off early to capture the sunrise, trepidation because i though the cloud cover wouldn't shift. Things turned out much better than I thought.
Images taken with the Mamiya 645df 45mm a mix of soft nd grad and a 10 stop.

CF061319.jpg

CF061325.jpg

CF061343.jpg

hcubell

Hi hcubell, love the composition but I hope you don't mind me commenting on the brightness, just looks a bit unnatural. As for the camera & back, what a nightmare, I do hope it did not scupper your trip.
Thanks. I actually run my monitor pretty dim, as that is best for evaluating files for printing, so the jpeg may look too bright on your monitor.

hcubell

Another from the Central Highlands of Iceland. Phase IQ 180/H2 body with HC 50mmII lens. F/22 at 4 seconds. There are a number of additional images from Iceland on my website now.CF004280-2.jpg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Around Rockefeller Center with the S(006) and 120/2.5

Atlas is Not Amused

But St. Patrick's is just having fun with us.

Best,

Matt

Last edited:

Grayhand

Söderåsen nature reserve
Hasselblad 500 CM, 50mm CF, CFV-50C

Ray

[RANT]
It is facinating to return to the same nature reserve, year after year.
There is so much going on, all the time.
Easy to think that it is all static, but if you come back, multiple time each year, over the years you will see a different story!
And you realize that in the end, gravity and erosion, always win.

What you see today, time will guarantee you that you will never see again, no mater what.
It changes with the seasons and time of the day. Snow, flash flood, draught, fire, it all makes an imprint.

One day it looks like some geometrically obsessed park ranger has arranged the fallen trees.
Next time it is utter chaos.

So when you stand there with the camera, there is only this sliver of light in front of you than you have right now..
[/RANT]

(The brilliant photo by AlanS, #19160, above is a perfect example of what I am talking about)

Last edited:

scho

Our trees are not doing well. Most of the old willows that used to line the banks of Fall Creek and the south end of Cayuga Lake are gone, victims of old age and storms. The tall and majestic ash trees that dominated the park for years are soon to become extinct as a result of an encroaching emerald ash borer infestation. A few walkabout snaps in Stewart Park in Ithaca, NY taken with the 645z and FA 45-80.

One of the remaining old willows near the boathouse and a few of the ash trees in the park.

Sign on one of the ash trees.

Girdled and bored.

Down for the count.

The end result.

pesto

Our trees are not doing well. Most of the old willows that used to line the banks of Fall Creek and the south end of Cayuga Lake are gone, victims of old age and storms. The tall and majestic ash trees that dominated the park for years are soon to become extinct as a result of an encroaching emerald ash borer infestation.

How very sad. Is there nothing that can be done to save the remaining trees? It would seem that given the proximity to such a great university, someone could come up with a remedy or palliation as there is truly no substitute for old trees.

scho

Our trees are not doing well. Most of the old willows that used to line the banks of Fall Creek and the south end of Cayuga Lake are gone, victims of old age and storms. The tall and majestic ash trees that dominated the park for years are soon to become extinct as a result of an encroaching emerald ash borer infestation.

How very sad. Is there nothing that can be done to save the remaining trees? It would seem that given the proximity to such a great university, someone could come up with a remedy or palliation as there is truly no substitute for old trees.
Unfortunately, the best that can be done currently is to monitor the infestation and quarantine infected trees.

stevenfr

Winter Aspen Pond Reflection - Phase One XF IQ3 100

This image was taken just after a snow storm. The evergreen trees were covered with a bit of fresh snow and the golden yellow leaves were brilliant in the morning light. A day after I took this image the leaves lost most of their brilliance.

Steven

malmac

Our town is changing - the old buildings are maybe not all being demolished - but as huge constructions go into downtown the face of the town is changing.

Here is my pictorial response.

Mal
Toowoomba
Australia

MGrayson

Hamilton Grange. This was Alexander Hamilton's country house, which in those days was 90 minutes north of the city. That still put it on the island of Manhattan at what is now 141st Street.

And a vision of late autumn in Central Park.

Both with the Leica S(006) and 35 Summarit.

--Matt

JohnBrew

Matt, I like the second image. The brightness of the building in the first image makes it very hard to view. It actually hurts my eyes. Perhaps it is the way the image is shown on this website?

MGrayson

John,

Making the building glow was quite deliberate, and an unusual choice for me. I never before used negative clarity on architecture. Here's a more typical rendering, but it seems less compelling to me.

Well, not all experiments are successful :)

Best,

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.