The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

B
Featured content
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi Micke,

Focus lock can be a challenge but I found it was more about flash durations.

its actually deadly accurate with autofocus and that I really needed lights with short flash durations for moving subjects. I had bowens before but now using pro b3 packs. The camera handles well and I shoot tethered and untethered with it easily. The image quality is great but at first I noticed it wasn't just down to the camera and back and that it really puts a strain on technique. So I had to start being more cautious of how I shoot. I tried the 150mm and realised there was a whole world of hassy goodness I was missing out on. The 150mm is definitely my next purchase.

I still use the d3x for certain shoots but when I get home and open up the files 9/10 times I wish I used the hassy.

The screen isn't great for image reviewing but it's ok. Other than that its a great tool.

Hope this helps.
    Hi Bahr,

I was looking in the mediumformat forum (I like your Mofo dog :) ) and noticed that you has a Hassy H4d-50 and a Nikon D3x. I have a Nikon D3x and are interested in moving in to the mediumformat segment. On thursday I will try out a Hassy H4D-50. Are you satisfied with your Hassy? How is to work with in comparison to the Nikon? When you take a photo of Mofo in motion, is there any problems to lock focus? is there a big different in image quality?

Best regards,
    Micke (Bildifokus)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…