The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

B
Featured content
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Z
    Hello Brian -
    I recently posted a question for you on the "Speedbooster for Nex" thread http://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/43130-speed-booster-nex-9.html I just received my Contax/Nex speedbooster, and none of my lenses will reach infinity with it (the lenses collimate properly on a Contax film camera and reach infinity on my Nex 5N with Novoflex adapter).

Will there be any optical compromises if I try to adjust infinity on the SB myself by unlocking the set screw and turning the ring which houses the optics? Is this what would be done if I return the SB to the factory for adjustment, or would they be able to shim the mount to adjust the adapter? I'm concerned that by fiddling with the optical housing I might cause it to become slightly off-center or imperfectly parallel to the sensor, and I'm generally leery of making back focus adjustments. I'm willing to ship it back to the factory if doing so would mean better optical performance.

Any advice appreciated!

Zack
    Hi Damian:
    Speed Boosters for several more lens mounts, including Nikon-F and Contax C/Y are due in March. Camera mounts will include Fuji-X and micro-4/3 in addition to Sony NEX. The questions page on the Metabones site is a good place to check for the latest information on product releases:

Questions?

Best regards,
    Brian
    Dear Brian,
    May I know
    1) What is the lenses you support meaning Nikon, Canon EF or others, in terms of priority?

2) When it will be available and price range please?

I wish to know this because I would like to get some lenses to match with the speedbooster now.

Thanks so much,
    Damian Tan
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…