The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by kscott

1. K

Fun with MF Achromatic Digital Backs

I probably use the M Monochrom Typ 246 more than any of my other cameras. I love it to death, but feel your pain on the highlights. :-) My studio cameras are Phase Ones. Per algrove, on the IQ3-100, highlights are more flexible. Definitely more wiggle room than the mm246 if you overexpose...
  2. K

Backup or alternate camera

IMO, carrying a backup is wise, especially if you want or need to make sure that you don't miss an opportunity to photograph your subject. I've had lenses, battery packs, CF and SD cards, flash bulbs, bodies, and backs fail on location shoots and have been glad every time that I've had spares...
  3. K

Fuji GFX and Capture One

Hard to know how big a factor this actually is in the average MF camera purchase, but I can say anecdotally that's a big one for me. One of the reasons that I can't see replacing my P1 with either the X1D (which I now have) or the GFX (which I will have shortly) as my primary studio camera is...
  4. K

X1D questions

Let me offer some words of encouragement then. :) I was (and still am) super annoyed by how Hasselblad management handled the roll out of the camera. That said, the camera itself is really very nice. They've designed an exceptional compact camera with (at least) two beautiful lenses...
  5. K

X1D questions

I'm typing on one right now and similarly irritated by lack of an SD card slot. If you can it's not immediately obvious from the instruction manual or fooling around with the camera, the obvious places in Mac OS, and with Phocus how. You can control the camera from an iOS device with Phocus...
  6. K

Advice on Hasselblad X1D

Agreed. The X1D is pretty effortless to pick up, pack, and have with you, whether it's vacation or less deliberate excursions. I have shelves full of cameras that are technically better than the X1D at one thing or the other. The telling thing for me is which I reach for most often. I'm on a...
  7. K

Phase One Owners - What lens do you use for headshots?

I'm a big fan of the 120mm macro. You can get in close enough for tight headshots (very tight if you so choose) without having to worry about focus issues, and can pull back far enough to get the upper torso in the shot in a small room still allowing plenty of distance to the background.
  8. K

Capture One 10 & Hasselblad DNG: Controversy and Solution

I wouldn't count on this particular workaround continuing to work. You've just publicly demonstrated a bug in how Capture One identifies cameras from EXIF data that they may now feel inclined to fix. :)
  9. K

Review of XF and IQ3 100

Even if you are a famous portrait or fashion photographer shooting expensive assignments, you are not necessarily shooting with an expensive, top-of-market MFD camera. Peter Lindbergh shoots mostly with Nikons, including this year's Pirelli calendar. Platon has mostly shot with a Hasselblad...
  10. K

Hasselblad h6d 100c availability?

Phase and Hasselblad are sports teams right, and this is a fan site, no? :)
  11. K

Fun with X1D

Testing out the X1D in the studio with the 90mm at f/11, 1/125s, ISO100 shooting a slightly unkempt daughter. :) I'm very impressed with the camera's image quality, the 45mm and 90mm lenses, its compactness, construction, and handling. I'm not bothered by the startup time, nor how AF points...
  12. K

Fun with X1D

Playing around with the X1D a bit and doing some casual comparisons to the Leica S and the Sony A7rII. Very casual and very quick, mind you, not a rigorous comparison. X1D, 90mm, f/5.6 Leica S, 120mm macro, f/5.6 Sony A7rII, 90mm macro, f/6.3 And here are full res crops of the same area...
  13. K

Where is the X1D ????

Agreed. I would still like to be able to purchase an X1D. I hope that Hasselblad remains viable, and moreover that they're successful and able to innovate well into the future whether or not they've been acquired. But I don't find the gist of what KevinR said implausible, and given that he's...
  14. K

Hasselblad to be acquired by DJI

I'm not sure why anyone should find the rebuttal to KevinR's article any more or less credible than the article itself. We'll have to wait and see if Hasselblad or DJI elect to respond, and if not, the pro- and anti-Hasselblad contingent can carry on as usual, and the folks in the middle will...