The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by shuttermax

1. S

Phase One IQ4 Firmware Update Feature Wish List

The readout speed is a function of the sensor. Faster readout induces more noise which affects all native sensor ISO (gain) levels. The difference is that with the fast readout you already start with less than 14 bit dynamic range at base ISO. When I measured the dynamic range of the H6D-100c by...
  2. S

Phase One IQ4 150MP Bulb Mode / Black Reference Frame Calibration

When the Black Reference Frame Setting on the IQ4 back is set to Prerecorded I gather the back will use a Black Frame from the internal calibration data that was generated for this particular back at the factory. Phase One probably covered all the internally available shutter speeds at a range...
  3. S

H6D 100 v XF 100

The H-System has got an interval mode since the H2.
  4. S

Phase One XF Feature Update #3

Now with B- and T-Mode finally introduced, can you go beyond 1 hour exposure?
  5. S

DT Time Lapse Suite (Dark Frame Control, Multi-Cam Support, C1 Adj. Smoother)

This sounds really promising. Which parameters in the capture sequence can be controlled with the DT Time Lapse Capture application? Can you set the long exposure shutter speeds to greater precision than the default speeds in the XF? Is it possible to adjust a capture sequence on the fly (e.g...
  6. S

XF long shutter speeds

Thanks for the detailed answer, Paul. The XF is currently off the list of potential cameras for me. Max
  7. S

XF long shutter speeds

Can you set finer long exposure shutter speeds through the Capture Pilot app or is it also just 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments? Max
  8. S

XF long shutter speeds

Instead of cutting it wouldn't the Multi Connector to Mini Jack Adapter work just the same? The XF Cable Release seems to have the same 8 pin connector. In the XF manual I couldn't find anything about how to set the XF into Bulb Mode. Is it just not mentioned or how could you set the XF to...
  9. S

XF long shutter speeds

I'm not aware of any camera that is able to do this in camera. But almost any pro camera can do it through an external remote timer. For the XF interface it should be easy to program into the firmware. It's alright to quickly scroll through the shutter speeds at 1/3rd stop increments. But the XF...
  10. S

XF long shutter speeds

Hi, I'm currently considering an upgrade from my 645Z to a Phase One XF 100 MP. It's really great to have a camera that allows to set the shutter speeds for long exposures in camera instead of fiddling around with an external remote. However, from a demo video I've seen it seems that even for...