The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One XT 150mm HO-S SB Lens

Steve Hendrix

Does this mean that P1's "XT Short Barrel Adapter" adds 42mm of extension?

Cambo has three different rear spacers, WRS-1010 / 1017 / 1048, adding 10mm, 17mm, and 48mm, respectively. Will be interesting to see whether P1 will follow Cambo, and offer different extensions.

Such rear extension could be interesting for XC cameras with longer focal length lenses.

This lens shares no DNA with the Rodenstock lenses, and the rear spacer for the Phase One 150mm HO-S SB Lens is 42mm deep, versus the 10mm/17mm/48mm variants of the traditional Cambo WRS spacers.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Steve Hendrix

Your webpage states "150mm Telephoto design". I am not aware of any modern Rodenstock lenses of telephoto design. Are you free to share the flange focal distance.

I only mentioned Rodenstock to emphasize that this lens has nothing to do with Rodenstock, it is a Phase One/Schneider design. I do not yet know the exact focal flange distance, but can you tell me what you have in mind?

Steve Hendrix/CI

ThdeDude

I do not yet know the exact focal flange distance, but can you tell me what you have in mind?
For Nikon Nikkor T lenses the focal flange distance is about 2/3 of the focal length. Assuming that this also applied to the P1 150mm, this would give a focal flange distance of about 100mm.

My Silvestri Flexicam would just have enough extension. But even if I could get a custom COPAL shutter version, weight may be an issue.

Steve Hendrix

For Nikon Nikkor T lenses the focal flange distance is about 2/3 of the focal length. Assuming that this also applied to the P1 150mm, this would give a focal flange distance of about 100mm.

My Silvestri Flexicam would just have enough extension. But even if I could get a custom COPAL shutter version, weight may be an issue.

This lens is only available for X Shutter mount in the XT panel, which also can fit Cambo WRS, in addition to the Phase One XT camera body.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Paul Spinnler

Are there more infos on this lens available, e.g., MTF charts? Some more background info would be great, e.g., is this lens to be understood as a higher performing evolution vs. the Rodie HR stuff for pixel pitches of 3 and below? What's the real sharp IC - e.g., will we see more shift ways on a WRS Body or upcoming XT XL?

The info on this lens is a bit sparse right now. If this is a start of a range, will they re-hash 120 ASPH next and maybe the 72 MK II that's already used in their repro stands? If so, one could flip the XT over at home for a nice "at home" repro setup with less mechanical control finesse, but ultimately same optical resolution?