The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. E

Skin tone issues with Epson P800

Having a new issue with my Epson SureColor P800 on Big Sur with newest Photoshop CC. All of a sudden I am getting a magenta cast on my prints, I have printed the same way for years and am not a novice at this. All nozzle checks are good and haven't changed my work flow at all, have even...
  2. E

Seeking Advice on Lightroom Car Presets

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer.
  3. E

Seeking Advice on Lightroom Car Presets

Hey everyone, I've been experimenting with Lightroom presets lately, particularly for automotive photography. While I've found some great general presets, I'm on the hunt for ones specifically tailored to cars. Does anyone have recommendations for presets that enhance the vibrancy and...
  4. E

Macro copying of old postcards

I don't own the Fuji 30mm Macro lens, so I can't provide a personal opinion on its performance for copying postcards. However, based on reviews and specifications, it seems well-suited for detailed close-up shots, which should be ideal for replicating the intricate images and inscriptions on the...
  5. E

Formal bag for MF gear

recommend considering a large leather or alligator messenger bag with a padded camera-specific insert. This type of bag offers both elegance and functionality, providing ample space for your camera gear while maintaining a sophisticated appearance that won't look out of place in a tuxedo at the...
  6. E

Low Profile/Anonymous Luggage or Bag Recommendations

I've always used SKB bow cases and then pack a bag or two and I'm set. But I've got an upcoming trip that'll involve hunting and fishing and my wife! So it's going to be a lot of gear and I don't want to mess with taking a bunch of bags and I'd like to just have the bow case and then another...
  7. E

Good free photo editing programs

thank you so much for your suggestion
  8. E

Seeking Recommendations for a Photographer

thanks in advance for any help
  9. E

Seeking Recommendations for a Photographer

Hey everyone, I'm currently on the lookout for a skilled photographer for an upcoming event, and I'd love to hear your suggestions. Whether you've worked with a photographer recently or know someone whose work you admire, please share your recommendations. I'm particularly interested in...
  10. E

Headshot

thanks in advance for any help
  11. E

Headshot

Hello all. I could use a tip on how to match the skin from the headshot photo with the rest of the head and body of the character. I'm using a well lit photo with diffuse lighting and the software recognizes the face with no problem. Initially I'm selecting a RTL character, Gabriel I believe...
  12. E

Phase One Owners - What lens do you use for headshots?

Being the only lenses I own are big guns, I think I need to invest in a nice Nikon Portrait lens and thinking either the 85mm or the 105mm.. I am brand nuts and want to keep it in the family in NIKON...? Don I se your using a Nikon D850 and 85MM..?
  13. E

Best modifier for group/family photos?

This photo dates back to about 1924. The father is John F. Pimentel. He immigrated to America from the Azores through Ellis Island in the first decade of 20th century. His family moved to Fall River, Massachusetts, because the city had a large community of Portuguese immigrants. This photo was...
  14. E

Calculator for Matting

I called up a bagel shop this morning and ordered a baker's dozen, 7 poppy and 6 sesame. I got there and she rang me up: One baker's dozen plus 2 extra for a total of 15. I said no, I only ordered 7 poppy and 6 sesame. She looked at me like I was from Mars. I asked, "What is 6 plus 7?" Without a...
  15. E

Photography Agency Question

thanks in advance for any useful input.
  16. E

Photography Agency Question

Hey everyone, I've been considering hiring a photography agency for an upcoming project, and I'm wondering if anyone here has recommendations or insights. What factors do you think are crucial when selecting a photography agency? I'm particularly interested in their portfolio, pricing...
  17. E

High altitude hiking trip gear thoughts?

I am thinking to visit the Carpathian Mountains and I need to buy a jacket to keep me warm. At the same time, I enjoy sailing so was thinking to buy a waterproof breathable jacket that can be used both for hiking and sailing at the same time. I noticed that Musto has launched a new BR1 Jacket...
  18. E

Anyone noticed USB-C to USB-C Hasselblad official cable has issues

I just got my FM9 a few days ago. So far, I've simply plugged it into a pair of PA speakers and had fun scrolling through the Presets and Scenes. I've also watched the first four of the Rosh "FM9 Basics" episodes and downloaded the editor to my PC. I've also spent a bunch of time reading the...
  19. E

thanks in advance for any help.
  20. E

Hi, I am looking for the best free image editing programs out there (I want them to be completely free, not a trial or demo). I want to be able to edited RAW (.NEF) images taken by my Nikon D3400. I've heard that DaVinci Resolve is very good, but I can't seem to find a way to edit RAW files...