The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A900 findings

H

hardloaf

<grins> I am installing a 8 core 2.66 Ghz Nehalem with 32 Gig Ram as I type here, that should do. :D
Yep, not too shabby :)

Thanks Andrey, no real time preview means exactly what? I change parameters xyz and do not get to see the effect in the preview?

<sorry, I should really DL your RPP and give it a go before asking questions. :ROTFL:>
This means you change settings and click Apply to see them. Takes some time to get used to and get feeling over numbers.

sizifo

I'm finding this discussion extremely interesting. I'm 100% amateur, recently started doing some medium format film and have a grdII.

Tried to post something about this in http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7769 , which got ignored, probably understandably, as it was a somewhat confused post.

To cut a long story short. I ended up measuring the grey level percentages throughout the dynamic range of the GRD II, and for all iso values, in conjunction with the Aperture default B&W conversion. So now I know very precisely what to expect, and where I can go from there in with Aperture. Also appreciate the massive differences between film and digital, and the essential uselessness of the default metering decisions (I'm sure this is A LOT better in the sony).

Enjoying my photography a lot more since. Should also mention that the inspiration to do the above came after reading the Ansel Adams books, and write down a zone system for the GRDII :)

Anyhow, was glad to read all the informative posts in this thread.

Last edited: