The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Are there any 3rd Party lenses for Pentax 645Z

bensonga

Just curious to see if there and Non Native Lenses that can be used on 645Z. Thanks
You can use Hasselblad V mount lenses on a Pentax 645 (with an adapter). I have used the Fotodiox Pro adapter. As adapters go, this one is relatively small/thin.

Of course, you can also use the Pentax 6x7 lenses on the Pentax 645 (with an adapter, I prefer the Pentax adapter). The Pentax 67 lenses are quite good and most are very affordable.

Gary

rdeloe

Of course, you can also use the Pentax 6x7 lenses on the Pentax 645 (with an adapter, I prefer the Pentax adapter). The Pentax 67 lenses are quite good and most are very affordable.
I needed a longer lens for the times when 150mm is not long enough on my outfit (GFX 50R rather than Pentax 645Z, but basically the same sensor). The Pentax 645 options are good, but I think the Pentax 67 200/4 that I just got is better. I bought it with the 1.4x teleconverter and the P67 to P645 adapter, for a very affordable price. Image quality of the straight 200mm is superb, and the 1.4x teleconverter is amazingly good; it creates an excellent 280mm lens. The only downside is the weight. It's big and heavy.

anyone

I needed a longer lens for the times when 150mm is not long enough on my outfit (GFX 50R rather than Pentax 645Z, but basically the same sensor). The Pentax 645 options are good, but I think the Pentax 67 200/4 that I just got is better. I bought it with the 1.4x teleconverter and the P67 to P645 adapter, for a very affordable price. Image quality of the straight 200mm is superb, and the 1.4x teleconverter is amazingly good; it creates an excellent 280mm lens. The only downside is the weight. It's big and heavy.
Interesting approach!

Why did you choose this one over the P645 300mm Green Star?

rdeloe

Interesting approach!

Why did you choose this one over the P645 300mm Green Star?
I liked the flexibility of having a 200/280mm lens. I've used it some more and it is a very good optic. I'm really quite impressed. However, the weight is something else. And, I've discovered that the way I'm using it creates a problem I didn't anticipate. It's not the fault of the lens, but on my Fotodiox Tilt ROKR P645 to GFX adapter, the design of the lens plus the design of the adapter gives me hard vignetting at around 8-9mm of shift, and after a few degrees of tilt. I wasn't expecting that because I've used wider P67 lenses on that adapter and they shifted fine. It's not a big deal because I'm not going to be using it with a lot of shift or tilt.

We'll see how often I actually carry the thing! It may end up being a lightly used optic...