The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Big monitor, so much better... Lightjet?

H

hgmoore

Or maybe it's because it better matches what we're used to seeing on our computer monitors???
Jack, This line in your post has made the light bulb in my head turn on.

I stopped by a small framing shop/gallery here in Anderson the other day, and they had some of both print types on display. The ink jet prints were a little more subtle, but the detail difference in tonal ranges very much favored them. Both color and BW. And you are right, the grey scale prints are fantastic.

Viewing an Escher print is a good analogy. Every time I returned to look at the inket versions, I saw more details, Escher prints have the same effect for me. (at normal viewing distance for my eyesight of ~ 2-3' for these)

Now I have to find the $$ for an Epson 3800. Might have to settle for an HP B9180, but I do need to start doing my own prints.

harvey

A

aero

Well, it's been a long road - but I'm coming closer to seeing visually what I've been reading in this wonderful forum. I'm waiting for some laser prints to come - but one thing is clear: printing an image is (as it has always been) a highly technical skill. Digital makes things much easier, but I am still left with many decisions in order to make my prints the best they can be; it is still often about setup and trial/error. I'll report my first findings in a week or so when all the prints come in - for now, the learning continues - just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the great info and assistance.

Best,
-Dan