The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Can the M11 / SL2 / SL2-S be use without a lens and with flash? (on a tech camera)

Caumont

Hi everyone,

I wonder if the following Leica cameras can be use on a tech camera with flash (Arca Swiss M-Two MF for studio work) :
- M11
- SL2 or SL2-S

I used the Canon R5, Canon R5C or Nikon Z7 II without problem but I don't know if it's possible with the Leica's.

It seems that they have a mechinal shutter so it should work...

Thank you for your help,
Best,
Vincent

dchew

I don’t have an adapter to connect to my technical cameras, but I just fired my M11m without a lens and it works fine. That makes sense since it should work with legacy M lenses no matter how old. I bet the SL2 is the same.

Dave

dchew

No idea. I do have some old Pockets Wizards; Plus III and Plus X remotes. If I put the Plus III on the M11M in RxTx mode and fire the camera, the remote Plus X indicator lights up as it should. I don't have any strobes here, but the Pocket Wizards detect the camera shutter firing and transmit that to each other.

Dave