The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 21

Mexecutioner

Installed just now, installation went smoothly and with no license code registration issues like I've experienced in the past.

Will find time today to test it out.

med

I also downloaded, installed, and activated with no issues. I have some files from a trip last month that I still need to get through. This should be a good chance!

PSS

now with Leica tether support!
I know that bringing Hasselblad on board might not be easy but someone needs to be the bigger person and open things up, the market is too small.....

Mexecutioner

now with Leica tether support!
I know that bringing Hasselblad on board might not be easy but someone needs to be the bigger person and open things up, the market is too small.....
I though Phocus was the bees knees

PSS

I though Phocus was the bees knees
Phocus mobile on the iPad is pretty amazing and Phocus desktop is really solid, LR watched folder works,
I have been using C1 for decades, definitely a love hate relationship grounded in necessity...I won't upgrade right now since I don't shoot and don't plan on shooting tethered with Sony anymore, don't own a phase system and if I did own a Leica I probably would not use it to shoot tethered (at least not the kind of Leica I would buy)
I am looking at phase as a software company, I used to own phase backs but their systems now are too far removed from mainstream or actual overall requirements, so I don't see that side of their business with much room to grow....I definitely want phase to do well and hope they will continue to push forward....

I obviously don't know if Hasselblad refuses to join C1 or if C1 refuses to let Hasselblad files in....I have no clue and I am honestly not sure I would use C1 if that was an option right now, but for C1 and everybody's sake I would prefer that everybody plays nice and all options are on the table for everybody....

with all these new companies coming in (I am not a fan of Adobe but obviously reluctantly have to use it) I am not sure how long C1 can compete....selling high end systems at higher and higher prices may work, selling niche software at higher and higher prices....not so sure how long and how that will work out....and again: I want C1 to be around and push the high end!

cly

ProStandard Profiles (if this is as great as they say): Any technical reason why P1 doesn't support their older backs? Apparently it's only IQ3 100MP and IQ4 150MP.

Ray Harrison

ProStandard Profiles (if this is as great as they say): Any technical reason why P1 doesn't support their older backs? Apparently it's only IQ3 100MP and IQ4 150MP.
It would be a matter of them sitting down and doing the profiles on the backs. Nothing technical I should think. Besides the two backs, their initial camera list is pretty small and they've said it will grow, though time will tell what that actually means. It's one feature that I've been pleasantly surprised with, to be quite honest.