The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Flash recommendations for M4/3?

For a fair while, Ive been using a Yongnuo speedlight and flash trigger in conjunction with Panasonic M4/3 cameras. They performed okay but once in a while, I had reliability issues. More recently, I inserted some brand new batteries into both units and they refuse to turn on. No signs of life.

So I may as well get some new flash gear. Could anyone recommend a good quality and reliable flash system (comprising of a speedlight and flash trigger) that's not going to be outrageously expensive? I'm fine with a manual speedlight without automatic settings. Normally, Canon or Nikon would be out of the question due to the high $$$ but may consider certain models from those companies if they're available on the second hand market at reasonable prices.

donbga

For a fair while, Ive been using a Yongnuo speedlight and flash trigger in conjunction with Panasonic M4/3 cameras. They performed okay but once in a while, I had reliability issues. More recently, I inserted some brand new batteries into both units and they refuse to turn on. No signs of life.

So I may as well get some new flash gear. Could anyone recommend a good quality and reliable flash system (comprising of a speedlight and flash trigger) that's not going to be outrageously expensive? I'm fine with a manual speedlight without automatic settings. Normally, Canon or Nikon would be out of the question due to the high $$$ but may consider certain models from those companies if they're available on the second hand market at reasonable prices.
Take a look at Godox flashes. Great features at palatable expense.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
+1 for Godox. I don't use mine very often, but when I do, it works very well. If you want to spend more money, there's Olympus (same flash communication standard as Panasonic).