The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Digaron W 40mm

winetu

Seeing this lens being search for lately, I consider selling a nice Rodenstock Digaron W 40mm in Copal shutter without any specific mount.
Looking to get 4000 eur clean, meaning taxes and fees to be calculated. If personal handing is a solution then 4k, only in Europe.
Will add some nice photos tomorrow!
Thank you!
Daniel

Paul Spinnler

Excellent. Cries for an Alpa mount. Naked copal Digarons are rare these days and are highly sought after!

Alpa will also push film more – they just reordered the Alpa Linhof roll film backs. The 40 HR has enough IC for film!

Alpa Max is the only large body that can accept film (Plus and Pano cannot, XY is out of production).

Top lens.

Last edited:

Paul Spinnler

Why not just go the whole hog and post a link to your sale thread ?

To the OP - GLWS.
I think everyone can make their own system choice. I feel most are onto Arca because of the flexibility to manually mount lenses should you have enough rings, I am just saying a naked copal Digaron is the best starting point to go into a system where there's a very low supply of second hand. Ie it is the cheapest gateway. On top, being copal, it allows you to shoot film and here I am of the firm opinion that the Linhof backs are the best which extract most out of digital lenses due to their solid construction and planarity.

I had a few instances with uneven sharpness in the Arca system with Horseman backs. Never on a Linhof back. Alpa makes Linhof Alpa backs which is unique and a benefit if utmost quality is your wish.

Arca is easy in the sense you don't even need to send it to the factory if you already have a bit of parts lying around. Alpa on the other hand is thed most precise and has special bodies.

I own all systems, so I have a differentiated view on it - and yes, the Max IMHO is a good starting point as it also allows you to use the Linhof film backs.

I think it is a killer price for a copal Digaron, no matter which system you go for.

Last edited:

getscreen

The Rodenstock Digaron W 40mm is definitely sought after. €4000 sounds like a fair price, especially considering it's clean and taxes are sorted out. If you're in Europe and can do a personal handoff, that's even better.