The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GFX System

ptomsu

Workshop Member
in this blog-review he says something interesting about the EVF quality
Looks impressive from what he says. Although the proof is in the pudding ...

Will test one as soon as I can get hold of it and then it will be more clear.

One thing is for sure - Fuji lenses are at least as great as Leica glass - at least IMHO!!!!! Have seen that from the Hasselblad H glass as well as Fuji X lenses.

Satrycon

in the post about adapters, there's a pic of an Otus mounted on the GFX... so that means Canon T/S would work as well right ?

marc aurel

in the post about adapters, there's a pic of an Otus mounted on the GFX... so that means Canon T/S would work as well right ?
No. The pics of the Otus lenses adapted to the GFX both show the Nikon versions of the Otii.
I am quite sure there will be Canon-GFX adapters with electronic aperture control (at least I hope very much). But what they show in these photos are Nikon-GFX adpaters. The Canon version will be more difficult to make and might take some more time.

algrove

I was pleasanrly surprised with the continued respectable pricing on the 3 lenses to come later in the year. The 110/2.0 is to be like $2800 with the 45 at $1700 and the 23 at $2600.

markymarkrb

When it is all said and done, all I wish is that Rodenstock would work with Fuji and develop a new version of the HR40 and a mount that could be added to the front of the GFX that could be shifted.

algrove

Talked to B&H today and they have ordered WAY MORE than 50 bodies, but have no idea of how many they will receive for inital batch at around 1 March.

algrove

Plesantly surprised to hear focus braketing will be available on the GFX. Heard this from Billy on the Fujirumors site during a one hour video.

Sounds like focus stacking, but not sure how it works exactly.

Puma Cat

Nelson
Did you happen to see digilloyds post on his blog on this exact same subject. For some reason he comes up with a totally different analysis. Wonder why/how?

FYI, the Hasselblad spec sheet shows they use a 37x49 sesnor size when converting the HC 150 lens to 35mm equivalent which gives them 110mm which is close to your analysis. Was this the sensor size the HC lenses were manufactured to?

I still say if that 110-118 range might be the equivalent on the GFX then getting the Fuji 120 macro is a better alternative than using the HC 150 since the Fuji lens has AF and weather resistance built in not to mention IOS. Plus the new 120 Fuji lens is $2600 versus a much higher priced HC 150n.
Fuji just announced that their GF-mount 110mm lens will be available in May. Might be just what you're looking for.