The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with a Nikon D70

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

what Rayyan's hands clapped, Vivek !

and Rayyan, love your Andalusian musician shots :thumbs:
flamenco is one of my top three favourite music genres and Andalusia is definitely flamenco land, but it doesn't quite look like flamenco here with those specific instruments ...

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
fun with CCD based Nikons .-)

WoW! Steen! :thumbs:

yeah, Vivek, but it's not me it's the nubians
they have an absolutely wonderful sense of color
if you buy that monochrome thing with the new 50mm kit lens don't take it with you to Nubia ...

click for native size ©

© • Nikon D50 • AF-S Nikkor 18-70mm @ 25mm • 1/1000 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

© • Nikon D50 • AF-S Nikkor 18-70mm @ 18mm • 1/1000 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

V

Vivek

Re: fun with CCD based Nikons .-)

yeah, Vivek, but it's not me it's the nubians
they have an absolutely wonderful sense of color
if you buy that monochrome thing with the new 50mm kit lens don't take it with you to Nubia ...
According to this- http://vimeo.com/41797143 , Steen,

you are wrong! Even if it makes no sense, you are wrong! :grin:

rayyan

Steen, I have that Spanish dance pics somewhere. Shall get hold of them.

Spain again..

D70s,20/2.8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Fabulous photos, Rayyan, Steen, Vivek.

Oh... and that German camera. With the current second hand price of this old Nikon, one should be able to buy around 40 D70 cameras for the price of the MM. Now, how many 35mm lenses for the Summicron, I wonder...??

I think I have to buy some batteries for the S3 when I come home, just to see how my vintage camera is doing.

V

Vivek

One neat feature of the D70 (and may be the D70s as well) is the ability to flash sync all the way up to the highest shutter speed available in the camera (manual flash only and with a suitable flash). I do not know of any DSLR that offers this.

V

Vivek

I think I have to buy some batteries for the S3 when I come home, just to see how my vintage camera is doing.
I still can recognize some of the fabulous color images you have posted here if I see them even if they appear without your watermark.

No X-Pro1, Jorgen? ;)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I still can recognize some of the fabulous color images you have posted here if I see them even if they appear without your watermark.

No X-Pro1, Jorgen? ;)
Thanks, Vivek.

There's no way around buying an X-Pro1 for me. It's obviously perfect for my travels. But it's expensive, and I've just spent a little fortune on another Fuji and lenses; the GX 680 III. I picked up the "light travel version", the IIIs (only around 3.5 kg with a lens and viewfinder) yesterday, and there are some fantastic lenses waiting for it at home.

But I have considered selling all of my Nikon gear and go for m4/3, X-Pro1 and film only. Nikon is what I feel the least attached to, even if it's what I've used the most the last 7 years. But what if I do that and don't feel at home with the new Fuji :confused:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
fun with CCD based Nikons .-)

(...) Even if it makes no sense, you are wrong! :grin:

that pretty much sums up my own experiences and conclusions after a long life

with your permission, Vivek, I'll make it my motto :)

V

Vivek

Lovely, Rayyan! :)

This is as close to coffee shot I have.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

False color UV capture from a stock D70. It was a fantastic camera.