The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

jng

I've lived in this building for over twenty years. A red-tailed hawk has shown up from time to time. Today, I saw something unprecedented. Fortunately, an X2D with 135/2.8 was sitting next to me on the sofa. It is badly focused and too tightly cropped, however... 1/125 sec, ISO 200

I believe we've once again established that the X2D is not a birding camera. And I'm not a birding photographer.

Matt
Yikes, look at the fringing on the distant branches. :eek: Soup would not approve!

GeorgeBo

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas from North Carolina.

Representing black bears in the west (*some at the coastal plain too) and the Outer Banks and Lighthouses to the east. Hung on the native to North Carolina Fraser Fir

I also posted some images of the kit used to take this shot in the Behind the scenes thread. Just having some fun on a day off :)

George
B9679328.jpg

P. Chong

Framed by two government housing blocks is the luxury condominium Reflections at Keppel Bay, a project designed by architect, Daniel Libeskind. Juxtaposition of the rich and not so rich. Photographed with the Alpa 12 STC Silver Edition (with Alpagon/Rodenstock 4.0/40 with Hasselblad CFV II 50C). With about 5mm of rear fall applied so that the leftmost building clears the frame. I also photographed this scene in a somewhat more narrow POV with my Sinar X with Nikkor 180mm f/5.6 lens using Shanghai GP3 4x5 film, but I have not processed it yet.

reflections-2.jpg

If you would like to see more images of this project from two other vantage points, click on this link.

Last edited:

jng

Hedgehog by John Ngai, on Flickr
X2D | XCD 3.2/90 | f/3.2​

I took a walk through the local university's botanical garden this morning, the day after Christmas. The light was soft and there were very few other people around, leaving me alone with my camera and thoughts. I discovered so many interesting shapes and shades among the various succulents and other plants; this composition caught my eye as I walked by.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.