The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

tsjanik

I haven't been very active with photography of late, but I continue to enjoy the postings here. I have been looking through old files and offer this from a decade ago for your amusement.. During that period, I had a self-imposed requirement to take and print at least one photo per day. A lot of the photos were pretty bad, but I sometimes enjoyed adding captions.
This was taken with a 645D and the 600mm A* lens.

_IGP1016-Recovered copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

beautiful image, but may i ask why the sky is so noisy?
Thank you!
I don't see the noise on my screen, nor on the original RAW file in Capture One.. It was shot at ISO 800 on the IQ4 150 back, which is generally noise free at that ISO.
Do other viewesr see noise? Please let me know.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thank you!
I don't see the noise on my screen, nor on the original RAW file in Capture One.. It was shot at ISO 800 on the IQ4 150 back, which is generally noise free at that ISO.
I see very heavy grain - reminiscent of Tri-X 400.

rdeloe

Thank you!
Ditto on the heavy "grain". It looks like you dragged the "grain" slider all the way to the right in Lightroom. The whole image looks very coarse. If that's not on purpose, I wonder if there was an error during export?

lookbook

Thank you!
Yes - I see it too ...
Unfortunately, this devalues the beautiful perspective!

pegelli

Yes - I see it too ...
Unfortunately, this devalues the beautiful perspective!
Same here, I've seen this happen also on some of my photo's when converting to b&w, especially when pulling the blue channel down a clouded sky can get very "course" by darkening blue pixels and not affecting white(er) pixels.

tenmangu81

Yes, it seems to me very noisy. Did you by chance selectively process the sky through your software (contrast, exposure,...) ? Could be the reason.