The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

P. Chong

Five minute shoot...literally park the car, jump out with tripod. Setup tripod. Mount camera. Apply rear fall so that the image looks pleasing to the eye. Set aperture. Click. And out! Its a hot day...with the mercury at 35C when I made this photograph.

Fujifilm GFX 100 II with GF 30 Tilt Shift. The lens does send shift data to the back, as well as rotation info. The lens was at max 15mm rise (camera fall as the lens is mounted on the tripod) and 90deg rotation (portrait orientation). Tilt was not applied, but the information does not seem to have been captured and sent to the body for display.

kallang-riverside.jpg

drunkenspyder

From the front yard, with a lens I rarely see represented here, quite unusual and difficult to focus ...
I like such soft images, I hope you too :)

Stay safe,
Rafael

Phase One DF - IQ140 - Mamiya 145/4 Soft Focus C
Yes, I do. I shot this lens when I had my film 645. But it was not simple to use.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
From the front yard, with a lens I rarely see represented here, quite unusual and difficult to focus ...
I like such soft images, I hope you too :)

Stay safe,
Rafael

Phase One DF - IQ140 - Mamiya 145/4 Soft Focus C
Wow. A giant ball of spherical aberration with a lens attached. I like it!
(Reference to the description of tennis legend Rod Laver as a "slender frame suspended from a huge left arm".)

f6cvalkyrie

Yes, I do. I shot this lens when I had my film 645. But it was not simple to use.
Fine, so I feel less lonely now :) :) :)
Would you remember your workflow from when you were using this lens ?
I found the original Instruction Booklet from Mamiya, but it doesn't seem to match with my findings ???

Stay safe,
Rafael

drunkenspyder

Fine, so I feel less lonely now :) :) :)
Would you remember your workflow from when you were using this lens ?
I found the original Instruction Booklet from Mamiya, but it doesn't seem to match with my findings ???

Stay safe,
Rafael
Rafael, I wish my memory was that good. I did however find this archive on DPReview, which you probably also know, that rekindled my interest in the lens, and seems more helpful than just the manual due to the commentary. I have had a lot of fun with Nikon's equivalent in FF [the 100mm version], and so I am thinking about trying one again.

Last edited:

vjbelle

This image is from my first visit to China. Taken in Guilin..... What is most interesting about this image is that it was taken with my first Phase DB a P25 in 2005. It is amazing to see how this 22mp file is processed with the latest version of CR. Colors are wonderful and the detail at minimal sharpening is very high. I brought this into GAI and when processed to 12000 pixels to the long side it is almost impossible to see the difference in detail between the original and the upsampled file. Almost mind boggling!!

I had a wonderful guide whom I used throughout my stay in Guilin and this particular image was just a chance encounter while traveling. I thought the numerous rafts were interesting with the background. The passengers get to travel in style while served Tea and Hors d'oeuvres.

The P25 was used on my 500CM and I believe the lens was the 50mm Distagon.

Victor B.

CF000637.jpg

Last edited: