The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

P. Chong

Maison Lameloise, a three Michelin starred restaurant in Chagny, Bourgogne, France. We walked in on a Sunday lunchtime without a reservation, and as expected, there were no tables. But they offered to seat us for the following day for lunch. We initially accepted, but had to cancel as our travel schedule was to tight to allow that. We had to be in Besançon (with an appointment to visit Arca Swiss) by 1pm that day. This means only one thing. We will be back next year. This time, armed with a reservation.

maison-lameloise.jpg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Now that I learned how to attach a tripod foot to my Hasselblad adapters, I could set up the 350/5.6 SA with APO 1.4x extender for a 490/8. This is a two shot focus stack - one on the tree, one on the purple blooms. The squirrel was an accident, and I should have given him his own shot, but failed. Oh, the tree is not brightened in post. That's sunlight reflecting off of the buildings.

X2D, lenses as above, total of f/11 x 1.4 = f/16 (don't read that as fractions!) Acratech head , Gitzo tripod, Hejnar rail,

A little BTS: Probably should have moved the foot forward onto the 1.4x.

The squirrel in question.

Soup guards the tripod.

For a completely false sense of scale, here's yesterday morning with the 21/4. The image above is from the middle of that second tree from the left.:LOL:

Matt

Last edited:

drunkenspyder

Now that I learned how to attach a tripod foot to my Hasselblad adapters, I could set up the 350/5.6 SA with APO 1.4x extender for a 490/8. This is a two shot focus stack - one on the tree, one on the purple blooms. The squirrel was an accident, and I should have given him his own shot, but failed. Oh, the tree is not brightened in post. That's sunlight reflecting off of the buildings.

X2D, lenses as above, total of f/11 x 1.4 = f/16 (don't read that as fractions!) Acratech head , Gitzo tripod, Hejnar rail,

A little BTS: Probably should have moved the foot forward onto the 1.4x.

For a completely false sense of scale, here's yesterday morning with the 21/4. The image above is from the middle of that second tree from the left.:LOL:

Matt
Love it! That’s pretty much what I do with the big 350 Superachromat. I also used something similar with the Mamiya 300. Feels so much better with those multiple support points.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The last time I posted a moon picture it was extremely backlit :rolleyes:. Tonight is the "Pink Full Moon". I'm not sure why it's called that. Anyway, instead of the XCD 21/4, which is a stupid lens to use on the moon, tonight I used the Mamiya 645 300/5.6 ULD, shot at f/8, ISO 100 (The Moon is in direct sunlight, after all!). It was hazy and there were trees in the way. And so ... a 10MP crop. (Remember when that was a lot of pixels?)

Matt