The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swissblad

Hi Jørgen

nice to see you putting the F6 back to use again........:thumbs:

We're planning our next trip up north..... Norge is addictive....:grin:

Cheers, S.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Hi Jørgen

nice to see you putting the F6 back to use again........:thumbs:

We're planning our next trip up north..... Norge is addictive....:grin:

Cheers, S.
It's indeed a very satisfactory camera to use, and film does look different. It's strange that it feels so exotic now, after having been so common for most of my life.

Norway can be enjoyable. I wish I had more time to go there myself. Next year maybe, or next decade ;)

Here are some more with the F6/85mm/HP5:

M

mjr

Evening!

Some more experimentation with ICM, multiple shots etc. it's so dark here now that almost anything that moves is tricky to shoot so going the other way, stopping down and adding movement instead of trying to get sharp shots. Quite like this.

Swissblad

Our weather isn't as gloomy as Matt's...... but the mix of bright light and fog has it's own charm

Nikon D500, Nikkor 16-80mm

M

mjr

Here's another from the river and the reindeer, another with multiple shots stacked to get what I wanted, I'm finding these are a little love it or hate it!

M

mjr

Thanks Matt, glad you like them, they really appeal to me!

The smoothness was down to experimentation, I kept thinking that a long shutter speed of like a second would allow me to do movements but they were always really wobbly, down to me trying to keep it smooth but not succeeding, then I tried with a shutter speed not so long, just enough to allow me to do a really quick movement with the camera and the speed helped keep it smooth. This is a combination of shot for the background with a shorter shutter speed, a blurry shot of the reindeer which was longer and another tracking the reindeer as it moved to get a sharp body, then layering them together.

Cheers

Mat

JohnBrew

A little seasonal cheer. Someone installed this on the beach with a solar panel to power the lights and a tube to feed it water. D810, Zeiss 50 Makro.

Attachments

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here's a place I would like to visit again, Salalah in Oman. This photo is from February this year.

D810 with Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 @ 65mm and f/8

Status
Not open for further replies.