The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Sony Cameras 2023

pegelli

Feeling nostalgic I took my almost 16 year old A700 and even older beercan out today to capture some afternoon light in the snowy local forest

Stumps and grass

Fallen branch

More stumps and grass

All A700 + Minolta 70-210/4 (beercan)

Last edited:

Nokton48

Digitest Balloon Beauty Light and Fill by Nokton48, on Flickr

Digitest of lighting setup Sky Blue Seamless Broncolor Beauty Light at F32 45 degrees, Broncolor Balloon at a 90 degree F16 providing soft overall fill to the set. Silver Fill Panel camera light angled to 'feather' the fill. So far I have tried Hasselblad with 100mm, and also with 350 f5.6 with 8mm Extension Tube. Both TMax 100 bracketed f32 to F11. Also I have set up 5x7 Sinar Norma with my longest LF lens, a 790mm F14 Rodenstock Apo Ronar. 47 inches of bellows draw measured/required, with 1.5 stops of Bellows Draw calculated. I'll leave it set up for a while until I am satisfied with what I have gotten. 5x7 contact prints are the goal on this one. Starting with small format and slowly moving up.

Last edited:

pegelli

I bought my A700 on Jan 28, 2008 in Houston TX while visiting there on a business trip. The Sigma 10-20 and vertical grip I also bought together with it are sold in the meantime, but the A700 is still used until today. This mostly for macro photography with my 100/2.8 macro. But for its birthday I took it out with a walk-around zoom.

16th BD-1: The demolition of the banana bridge in Wijnegem

16th BD-2: Lots of dust while the heavy machinery digs in

16th BD-3: FBM (=Framed By Machinery)

16th BD-4: Water outlet of the Wijnegem locks

16th BD-5: The historic yeast factory at the King Albert Canal in Wijnegem

16th BD-6: Chimney of the yeast factory

16th BD-7: Art at the yeast factory

16th BD-8: Depth gauge of a waiting barge

16th BD-9: Spliced rope

16th BD-10: Mooring lines

16th BD-11: More ropes

All A700 + Minolta 24-105D

I still hope to get many more years out of my A700, it's a nice camera to use and as long as it keeps working I'll use it for macro and maybe now and then with a walk around zoom. I thought I had a good day with it today