The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwood

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

I'd like to wish each and every one of you a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Seasons Greetings. May your holidays be spent face-to-face with family and friends, and may you enjoy some time away from posting, tweeting, texting and otherwise using your mobile devices.

And may 2017 bring wonderful memories, artistically recorded with your Sony a7-series cameras.

Here's a selfie taken a couple of days ago. Tripod-mounted, self-timer.

Joe
Seasons Greetings to you and your family, Joe!

As an aside, it's annoying me to no end how clean your office is :ROTFL:

doug

So the lens is BACK!
Yes but un-repaired. These photos were made with my other 280 which has been elevated from backup to primary.

The one that was sent to Leica for service came back like this:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Yes but un-repaired. These photos were made with my other 280 which has been elevated from backup to primary.

The one that was sent to Leica for service came back like this:
I am sorry that the lens was unrepairable ... and that you are down to the backup lens. The images truly are wonderful
and it would be hard to replace with current lenses ... given your great ability to manually focus and capture with the 280.

I assume that the broken lens could be used for parts to keep the current one in service?

Bob

doug

I assume that the broken lens could be used for parts to keep the current one in service?
It's not unusable, just in rough condition. I'll be contacting a few of the independent repair people. And Leica returning it with a busted rear cap leads me to question how the cap was damaged and if there was any additional damage to the lens.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

It's not unusable, just in rough condition. I'll be contacting a few of the independent repair people. And Leica returning it with a busted rear cap leads me to question how the cap was damaged and if there was any additional damage to the lens.
Sherry or DAG if they are still working on Leica ... lenses.

Bob

DLP

Summer, Arrowtown, South Island, New Zealand
a7r+LEA 4+ 24ZA with CPL

Lake Tekapo, Tekapo, South Island, New Zealand
a7r+LEA 4+ 24ZA

The Ute

Summer, Arrowtown, South Island, New Zealand
a7r+LEA 4+ 24ZA with CPL

Lake Tekapo, Tekapo, South Island, New Zealand
a7r+LEA 4+ 24ZA
Such a beautiful place.
I still miss NZ.
I could kick myself for not getting permanent residency when I had the chance.

Barry Haines

A couple of record images taken today at the Barbara Hepworth Museum in St Ives
INFANT - Barbara Hepworth 1929 (Burmese wood)...Palladium toned
SEA FORM (Porthmeor) - Barbara Hepworth 1958 (Bronze)
(A7RII + 58mm Voigtlander Nokton both @ f1.4)

DLP

Such a beautiful place.
I still miss NZ.
I could kick myself for not getting permanent residency when I had the chance.
Yea, NZ is stunning, and I would like to revisit.
But it is not necessarily a bad thing, we don't know where our lives will lead us to.:grin:

Barry Haines

50 years ago Barbara Hepworth sculptured "FOUR SQUARE" (Bronze 1966) http://barbarahepworth.org.uk/sculptures/1966/foursquare-walk-through/
I decided on this occasion to dissect certain parts of it for a change rather than just shoot all of it, paying attention to the patina/surface texture
Taken yesterday at the Barbara Hepworth Museum, St Ives...All images A7RII + 58mm Nokton shot WO at F/1.4 - (Silver Toned)

Status
Not open for further replies.