The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Lumix/Leica 45 macro

Diane B

I didn't intend to shoot butterfly photos as I've shot so many over the years but had the 45 on the G1 and couldn't help myself LOL.

G1 45 f/2.8 f/2.8 1/640s ISO100

G1 45 f/2.8 f/32 1/1250s ISO100

jonoslack

I didn't intend to shoot butterfly photos as I've shot so many over the years but had the 45 on the G1 and couldn't help myself LOL.
These are lovely Diane . . . our buddleia is all dried up, and anyway we don't get butterflies nearly as nice as that . . . and if Caspar sees me taking pictures he considers it a duty to frighten whatever it is away!

Excellent!

jonoslack

Hidiho Jono,

now I'm certainly not affected by the loss of our team. I think they really did wonderful getting into the final. Nobody expected that to happen beforehand.
What's more they received a heroes' reception in Amsterdam yesterday :D
I'm really glad to hear it - certainly well deserved.

The lens is excellent for shooting anything but close-up portraits I think. Its character is rather unforgiving: sharp, contrasty and high resolution, but makes it all the better for nature and stills. I'm very pleased so far with the results and the combo with the G1 makes it a super light kit for lazy strolls.

Temperatures are coming down, but are also going up again, looking forward to the autumn already.

Now don't tell anyone: AF drives me crazy, really I do prefer manual ... :ROTFL:
All the best.
Yes - the AF drives me crazy too . . . but I don't think it's bad for portraits, certainly not as brutal as the Olympus 50 macro, and the oof areas are so gentle and nice.

As for looking forwards to the Autumn - I like it hot, and the only attraction of September is our annual trip to Crete; the flights are booked, the hotel is decided on, the only thing not sorted out is which camera to take.

R

richie15

Lots of excellent shots on here with the PL, I thought to be different I would post one with a Canon FD 50mm, hope no-one minds ?

biglouis

That's a beauty, Louis!

I'm now torn between my 45 and my 7-14. Good thing I have two bodies.
Ron, thanks for the comment. That is a debate I am having with myself at present. There are some tantalising rumours over at the 4/3rds rumours forum which is preventing me from making a decision on a second body at present.

Diane, the butterfly shots are exquisite.

Richie, great capture.

LouisB

Knorp

@Louis: beautiful flower shots: I like that Cornflower blue in particular
@Richie: that's seems to be a nasty bug: look at that proboscis !
@John: good catch
@Diana: gorgeous shots: got a blooming buddleia on my balcony, but no butterflies yet
@Ron: dragonflies and damsels are my favourite critters: excellent capture !

Keep shooting !

K

klythawk

Hi everyone.

@biglouis, @Knorp, Thanks for the kind comments on the caterpillar. :)

Jackdaw

G1/45mm macro

John

Last edited:

Knorp

Good shot John, that Jackdaw sure is quite tame to let you come that close.
Well let's keep this thread alive.

Last edited:
K

klythawk

Fabulous shots of the grasshopper, dragonfly,and the hoverfly entering the Agapantha. Well done to you all.:thumbup:

John.

biglouis

Slightly different use of the 45/2.8 - as a portrait lens and short telephoto - these were both shot at iso100 f2.8