The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus E-M1

Knorp

Have you got it Bart?
What I have got is the 12-100 f4 - an interesting lens (to say the least).

anybody else bitten?
Nothing in the pipeline (yet); no E-M1 mkII, no 25/1.2, no 12-100/4 ... just feeling undecided, I guess.

What about the 12-100/4 ? Sure it's convenient, but interesting ?

Kind regards.

marlof

Got the 25 1.2. Always was a sucker for fast normals. I haven't ordered the 12-100, but it is very tempting. Didn't like the 14-150 much, but this seems to be quite something different. The E-M1 mk II is probably overkill for me, since I prefer the Pen-F for regular use and am not really looking for better video or more speed in my larger camera. The mk I should suffice.

Knorp

Got the 25 1.2. Always was a sucker for fast normals. I haven't ordered the 12-100, but it is very tempting. Didn't like the 14-150 much, but this seems to be quite something different. The E-M1 mk II is probably overkill for me, since I prefer the Pen-F for regular use and am not really looking for better video or more speed in my larger camera. The mk I should suffice.
I used to have this Panny 14-140 (stolen), which perhaps wasn't great in terms of image quality, but made for an excellent 'lazy travel' option.
You know what ? I'm actually still eyeing this PL 12/1.4 ... :toocool:

Kind regards.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
You know what ? I'm actually still eyeing this PL 12/1.4 ... :toocool:

Kind regards.
I find the PL 12/1.4 the most interesting lens in the whole lineup, not because I would use it much, probably around 5% or less of the photos I take, but because when a good WA lens is needed, there's really no substitute. It would fill the same role as the Zeiss 21mm did when I used Nikon cameras; always in the bag, but only used when really needed.

etrigan63

Is the Mark II getting its own image thread or are we keeping all M1's together? Just want to know where to post after mine arrives and I charge the battery.

jonoslack

Is the Mark II getting its own image thread or are we keeping all M1's together? Just want to know where to post after mine arrives and I charge the battery.
Good Question - I'd suggest we keep them together (mine's coming later today or tomorrow).

In the meantime here's a snap with the E-M1 and the new 12-100

scott kirkpatrick

Good Question - I'd suggest we keep them together (mine's coming later today or tomorrow).

What's the correct collective word for that many starlings? A swarm, a murmur, a ...?

The M-1 already takes fine pictures and the main attractions of the mk 2 seem to be in rapid time travelling shooting (geysers shot 15 frames into the past) and 4K video. What new functions are the early adopters here, all of whom seem to have a mk 1 already, attracted to?

scott

jonoslack

What's the correct collective word for that many starlings? A swarm, a murmur, a ...?

The M-1 already takes fine pictures and the main attractions of the mk 2 seem to be in rapid time travelling shooting (geysers shot 15 frames into the past) and 4K video. What new functions are the early adopters here, all of whom seem to have a mk 1 already, attracted to?

scott
Hi Scott
It's a Murmuration . . And if you come across them when they're roosting in their thousands then it's easy to see why!

I've now had the EM-2 for about three hours (in our dark kitchen) - The things I like are:
1. The very quiet shutter and release
2. The even better IBIS (it's really rather spooky - 1.3 seconds at 200mm!!! (Equiv).
3. The fact that the spot metering on the AEL/AFL button seems to follow the focus point
4. Moving the focus point with a finger on the lCD with one's eye to the EVF

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

So its not sensor dust? :ROTFL:

Hope the new Mk II is the bomb ... love to see a small review at some point.

I veered left and bought a Sony to focus my Nocti 0.95. Missing
too many shots with the M-D

And Merry Christmas to you and the family ...

Regards,

Bob

Knorp

Oh Dear Bart . . .
What Have You Done?
Oh - nothing serious, Jono.
Let's say a mild form of g.a.s. causing a temporary weakness of the mind :lecture:
But it's going much much better now, thank you ... :LOL:

How's the 12-100, btw ?

:chug: