The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GFX 100S w/h Canon TSE 90/2.8 Macro

kuau

Workshop Member
I am thinking about getting back into the "quasi" Medium format territory after a 10 year hiatus. I am currently renting for the week a GFX100S, 35-70 zoom and the Canon TSE 90/2.8 Macro along with the FotoDiox Adaptor.
To my surprise when I do a 3 shot stick pano with the 90 I don't see any corner vignetting maybe just a slight drop off in the extreme corner yet I can't even notice it. Does this sound right?
I have the GFX set to 4:3 ratio not 35mm crop and also the adaptor is set to "Medium Format" and wow I am pretty impressed. I am getting about a 155mp pano from 3 images just using the pano feature in LRC.
Tell me I am not doing it right??
I assume if I had the Canon TSE 50 Macro I would see some more vignetting when fully shifting??

Attachments

Charles S

I have the old version which isn't very expensive and your observation sounds right. I think it is a nice lens for product photography and occasionally for portraits. Using the movements without vignetting is more limited than on a FF camera of course. An alternative would be an old MF lens with a T/S adapter which would give you the same kind of results with more movement.

Attachments