The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HASSELBLAD 907x TechView question

kuau

Workshop Member
I’m thinking about getting a TechView camera to go with a 907X back. Been looking at the Cambo RS1600 simply because you can rotate the camera without having to remove the back.
I am thinking about getting a few Cambo T/S shutterless lenses. If i do any shifts to start with will i run into color cast issues requiring a LLC?

What other issues will I run into? I realize will be using the Electronic Shutter on the 907X

jng

The Cambo 1600 is a nice choice. @dchew has published a very nice series on using technical cameras at PhotoPXL. I think there are four installments so far, with the latest one here. There's good information about specific lenses, their image circles, and necessity for LCC to be found here and here. You can piece together the information you're looking for between these two articles. In terms of requiring LCC, the CFV50 II's sensor should behave similarly to the IQ3100 listed in the table in the latter article. Good luck!

John

Last edited:

tcdeveau

Color casts and light falloff are going to be lens-dependent, but, in my limited experience with the CFVII on an Alpa using movements - yes, LCC is required if you’re doing movements. It’s called “scene calibration” in Phocus.

Last edited:

nameBrandon

Pretty much yes to LCC with more than very minor shifts. From first-hand experience, I'd avoid the 35XL on that back if you plan on shifting much. 40HR is a solid performer on the CFV back.