The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad XCD 90mm V lens is shipping

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Ask yourself: which is more relevant to this thread, my question, or your question? ;)
I assume the problem is with shifting a lens that requires software correction. I can't even imagine how it would deal with a tilted image.

akaru

I assume the problem is with shifting a lens that requires software correction. I can't even imagine how it would deal with a tilted image.
Probably crap. I wasn’t considering shifting anyway, but just wondered if it could mostly cover if I wanted to handheld an achro back for low light. With the right Leica M lenses, I’ve gotten good results on “crop sensor” mf, so thought it might be possible to use this on “full frame” mf. Possibly…if I stop down, which defeats the purpose.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Probably crap. I wasn’t considering shifting anyway, but just wondered if it could mostly cover if I wanted to handheld an achro back for low light. With the right Leica M lenses, I’ve gotten good results on “crop sensor” mf, so thought it might be possible to use this on “full frame” mf. Possibly…if I stop down, which defeats the purpose.
Oh. Then your biggest problem is communicating with the lens for setting aperture. Probably too hard to get the lens shutter to fire. Some of the Mamiya 645 and Zeiss V full manual lenses are great. Not sure if they’re Achro back great, though.