The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad XCD4/45P Connectivity Issue

jpaulmoore

Hello all, I just opened and set up my new Hasselblad X1D ii and the 45P lens, and did both the firmware update for the camera and lens but I seem to be having some issues with the camera recognizing the lens. I keep getting an error message that say No lens detected. I can somehow get it to start working properly by reattaching the lens. I actually had some issue trying to update the lens because of this but finally got it to work. Has anyone else experienced this or know if it's an issue?
Thanks,
J. Paul

Godfrey

There's been a long running thread of this issue with respect to the 907x standard edition, but yours is the first mention of this problem I've seen with the X1D II. I'd suggest contacting Hasselblad Customer Support.

J. Paul

There's been a long running thread of this issue with respect to the 907x standard edition, but yours is the first mention of this problem I've seen with the X1D II. I'd suggest contacting Hasselblad Customer Support.
Thanks! Will do
Paul

Attic

I have encountered it once. After upgrading to 45P, I encountered the lens not being recognized. After I restarted the X1DII, the problem disappeared, and it never appeared again.
Hello all, I just opened and set up my new Hasselblad X1D ii and the 45P lens, and did both the firmware update for the camera and lens but I seem to be having some issues with the camera recognizing the lens. I keep getting an error message that say No lens detected. I can somehow get it to start working properly by reattaching the lens. I actually had some issue trying to update the lens because of this but finally got it to work. Has anyone else experienced this or know if it's an issue?
Thanks,
J. Paul
I have encountered it once. After upgrading to 45P, I encountered the lens not being recognized. After I restarted the X1DII, the problem disappeared, and it never appeared again.

rweissman

I received a new 45P about 10 days ago. My X1Dii had the same issues--"lens not detected". After upgrading the lens firmware, the issue disappeared. Then, about a week later, it came back. Lens not detected and couldn't find focus at all.. This has happened numerous times. The only thing that fixed it was removing the camera battery. That has been a reliable, if temporary, fix. No other lens has exhibited this problem. (21, 30, 35-75, 90).

I think Hasselblad has to have at least one more lens software update before this is fixed. my X1Dii has the latest firmware and is brand new.

J. Paul

I received a new 45P about 10 days ago. My X1Dii had the same issues--"lens not detected". After upgrading the lens firmware, the issue disappeared. Then, about a week later, it came back. Lens not detected and couldn't find focus at all.. This has happened numerous times. The only thing that fixed it was removing the camera battery. That has been a reliable, if temporary, fix. No other lens has exhibited this problem. (21, 30, 35-75, 90).

I think Hasselblad has to have at least one more lens software update before this is fixed. my X1Dii has the latest firmware and is brand new.
I got out to test my Hasselblad X1Dii yesterday in really cold (for me anyway) 15° F and shot about 10 frames and it was working perfectly until the autofocus stopped working completely. I was unable to use the camera at this point. I brought the camera inside and a message to reconnect the lens which I did and it started working again. I actually tried this while shooting but it didn’t work. I haven’t tried the factory reset that Hasselblad has recommended and will try that soon. It’s certainly is disappointing to experience this with a new camera and lens. It’s the only lens I have so I don’t have many options at this point.
Thanks,
J. Paul

usm

I had similar problems with the 3,5/45 lens on a 907x today. A cold (+1 Celsius) day, camera was not turned off but was sleeping, no focusing at all. Turning off the camera, detached the lens, turning on, all worked.

usm

Figured out the problem. I carried the camera across the shoulder, the lens was facing down. The lens is moving out, 3 to 5 mm while walking around. When I then turned on camera the lens was not focusing because it was in the wrong position.
So turning off (the lens moves closer) and turning on again is enough..

I hope this is a problem with the old 45, because I am waiting for the 45p.

jpaulmoore

I did a brief retest after going into the Service Menu and doing a firmware update retry as per Hasselblad technical representative and I was able to take a few shots before the same issues of not being able to focus and camera not being able to detect lens. I was shooting in extremely low light and using the smallest focusing point. I’m wondering if using the smallest focusing point on a very dark subject may have attributed to some of my issues.
Thanks,
J. Paul

Godfrey

I find the 45P focuses best with the middle size AF sensor spot, and in modest to bright light. In very low light, manual focus is much better as the viewfinder remains bright and clear until far lower illumination is available.

...In use, the 45P is so easy to focus manually and so fast at doing so, I rarely bother to use AF at all. I don't quite understand the need to use AF when manual focus is so quick, direct, and easy. The only time I tend to use AF a lot is when I'm using the OVF, have the focus point set to the center of the FoV, and the lens (either 45 or 21) generously stopped down (say f/8-11). Then it makes sense as I've turned the camera into a digital medium format point and shoot. ;)

G

rweissman

The 45P has two different (but probably related) issues: 1) disappearance and reappearance of autofocus. 2) Not being able to use the lens at all when the "lens not detected" message appears. Even removing and reattaching the lens or adjusting the lens while on the camera often doesn't work. For problem #2 the only thing that works for me is removing and reinserting the battery. Of my six lenses, this is the only one with either of these problems.

J. Paul

I find the 45P focuses best with the middle size AF sensor spot, and in modest to bright light. In very low light, manual focus is much better as the viewfinder remains bright and clear until far lower illumination is available.

...In use, the 45P is so easy to focus manually and so fast at doing so, I rarely bother to use AF at all. I don't quite understand the need to use AF when manual focus is so quick, direct, and easy. The only time I tend to use AF a lot is when I'm using the OVF, have the focus point set to the center of the FoV, and the lens (either 45 or 21) generously stopped down (say f/8-11). Then it makes sense as I've turned the camera into a digital medium format point and shoot. ;)

G
This has been most helpful! I’m still leaning how to use the camera.
Thanks
J. Paul