The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Godfrey

Good grief, what kind of accident did you have Godfrey? Sounds awful!😮

Wishing you all the best and a speedier recovery!
October 14: I was crossing the street, in the crosswalk on the walk sign, on the way home from an afternoon walk. Guy in a car decided not to wait for me to get out of the way. He turned left into me, in the crosswalk ... flipped me into the air about six feet, and I dropped to the ground on my right side. Very nearly killed me. I'm quite lucky to be alive.

G

B L

October 14: I was crossing the street, in the crosswalk on the walk sign, on the way home from an afternoon walk. Guy in a car decided not to wait for me to get out of the way. He turned left into me, in the crosswalk ... flipped me into the air about six feet, and I dropped to the ground on my right side. Very nearly killed me. I'm quite lucky to be alive.

G
Veri sorry to hear G, I wish to see you riding on that bike of yours very soon,Best wishes.

dave.gt

G
Oh, man, that is truly awful. 😞
I cannot even imagine…

I had no idea and glad you shared with us, but I wish you all the best and we will keep you in our thoughts.

Wishing you all the best!

dave

ggibson

Graham, you are doing very well with CL. I had difficulty in focusing with its tiny rangefinder.
I find it quite difficult too if I'm being honest! I'd like something easier to use, but this is my dad's camera (original owner) that I'm borrowing. It's something fun to shoot occasionally, but I don't reach for 35mm film enough to justify buying my own M body right now.

B L

I used photoshop's new generative AI to extend the out-of-focus background for this shot (originally 35MM) to a square format.

Leica CL with Voigtlander 40/1.2 NOKTON
Cinestill Daylight 50D

6x6 or 35MM?
by Graham Gibson, on Flickr
[/QUOTEBeen a long time since I saw him last. Getting bigger and looking very good. Wishing you and all your family the best. With regards to photography I am sure he will be walking in your footsteps as you did with your father.

anyone

A "little bit" grainy Austria

Scan028a web.jpg

Leica M6, Biogon 35, Lucky SHD 400, Rodinal, Scan with Flextight

Edit: I shoot too much digital where the main concern is to avoid burned highlights. With film it is the other way around, underexposing (like in the picture above) leads to plenty of grain and loss of resolution.

Last edited: