The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Landscapes

pegelli

^^ Impressive rainbow and atmospheric penomena tsjanik. Must have been quite an experience standing up there.
Colours seem a bit off (at least on my monitor), I think the sky is a little too cyan and the soil/rocks in the foreground seem to have a magenta cast. But all-in-all an image I would love to have taken.

There's two other places for "landscapes" I have found. The first is in Member Exhibitions but that seems to be a curated section allthough it seems everyone is still allowed to post there. The other is in the Critique Corner but it's awfully quiet there so I don't know if it would attract a lot of views there. So probably this is as good a place to share landscapes if you want to post in one of the "gear agnostic" threads. I'll see if I can add something here as well.

Knorp

Though "Landscapes" cover a wider spectrum there is this "Mountain Pics" thread.
But as I'm living in a rather flat country, "Landscapes" suits me better ... 🤞

Greg Haag

We have 20 acres of forrest behind our office and it is spectacular at the moment. The first is a single image and the second and third are 2 image stitch shots, shot on tripod with 200-600 zoom at about 350mm. There was just a hint of fog this morning.

Reserve-4.jpg
Reserve-5.jpg
Reserve-6.jpg

urod

At the end of November, the sun took pity on us and threatened to appear. That was fitting, visitors had announced themselves. They wished a great boat trip in the Spreewald (Spree Forest*). The train rocked us into the floodplain and moorland southeast of Berlin, Germany.

From Lübbenau, our barge glided through the biosphere reserve and again we were amazed at how quiet a landscape can be. The pressure of background noise falls away from you, nothing but silence. As the boatman strokes the barge through the channels, trees, bushes and meadows glide by. And the sun bathed the Spreewald in brilliant autumn light.

* "The Spree Forest is a large inland delta of the river Spree, and a historical cultural landscape located in the region of (Lower) Lusatia, in the state of Brandenburg, Germany, about 100 km southeast of Berlin." Wikipedia

2021-10-31-_DSC5420-BE-BE FF Mogri 800.jpg

Spreewald near the village Lübbenau

2021-10-31-_DSC5476-BE-BE FF Mogri 800.jpg

Shortly before the place Lehde

2021-10-31-_DSC5459-BE-BE FF Mogri 800.jpg

Restaurant by Lehde

2021-10-31-_DSC5453-BE-2 FF Mogri 800.jpg

Spreewald

2021-10-31-_DSC5471-BE-BE FF Mogri 800.jpg

Hay in the Spreewald. Waterproof, air-dried and lasts two years

2021-10-31-_DSC5463-BE-BE FF Mogri 800.jpg

Spreewald

2021-10-31-_DSC5571-BE-BE FF Mogri 800.jpg

Spreewald

2021-10-31-_DSC5560-BE-BE FF Mogri 800.jpg

The last rays of sunshine in the Spreewald.​

Kind regards, Uli

Anniesdad

Looking north from the water's edge into one of the innumerable gulches of the incredible, impenetrable mountain range of East Molokai.

This is just above Kilohana Elementary School on the south shore about halfway between the only town on the island, Kaunakakai, and the East end.

Molokai is a finger of an island running almost exactly East to West. The terrain of the East end is among the most inaccessible on Earth with countless deep valleys created by volcanic action and enlarged by erosion from the enormous amount of yearly rainfall plus jagged volcanic spires, rising from sea level to 5000 feet like a collection of inverted, galactic-size dragons' teeth, all covered by smothering jungle.

From the ground, and especially by air, it is both a terrifying and achingly beautiful place.

The blowing mist was changing the appearance of the gulch by the second, hiding and revealing interior waterfalls, one of which can be barely distinguished inside.

Rich

Manawai-Gulch.jpg

Anniesdad

I lived in Prescott, AZ a few years ago. These are views from my living room, looking northeast to the San Francisco Peaks in Flagstaff, 100 miles away, over a period of several years, sunrise, sunset, winter storms.

Prescott is at 5000 ft, Flagstaff at 7500 ft. Humphrey Peak is 12,600 ft.

The Granite Dells in the foreground, Prescott Valley and Woodchute Mountain in the mid ground, hiding Jerome, Cottonwood and Sedona.

DSCF8429-1800.jpg

DSCF8467-1800.jpg

DSCF8716-1800.jpg

DSCF9320-1800.jpg

Rich