The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D3x (NOT trolling!)

fotografz

That wasn't a shot at me was it, Marc? (since I've just shot a bunch of kids stuff and posted here as example)... either way, I think I'm finished with this thread and my quest for substantive information since it seems to be going nowhere other than more discussion about the a900 and how we all feel about it... and generally is becoming combative and a bit vulgar.

Thanks all for your thoughts.

Yep.
Of course it wasn't a shot at you or anyone else Shelby. I said I liked your work even though it's not my cup of tea ... and mentioned that differences are what make the world go around. Frankly, I did even look at the post with the kids uploaded. I'm on vacation and only answered the post here.

Vulgar perhaps, but its calling it as I see it ... "mine's better than yours" is what destroys the ability to share real experiences without turning it into some chest beating contest.

You asked about the D3X, and those that have ANY experience with the camera at all can't get a word in edgewise for the constant harping on how great the Sony is compared to ANYTHING out there. I'm one of the few that actually has both systems and shoots similar subjects. I do not have as much experience with the D3X yet, so it's not quite even, but enough to try and share what I've noted so far which seems to turn it into a contest of sub 1 meg jpgs. To be expected perhaps given what forum this is and all the purchase justification that's needed.

Perhaps you should have posted the question in the Nikon forum? :D

P.S., while on vacation I have the M8 and ... ta-da! ... the Sony A900 with me ... not the Nikon, I don't need what it does here. Can't wait to finally try out the 500 AF mirror ;)

Last edited:
S

Shelby Lewis

hey all,

just wanted to publicly apologize for calling Marc out... unwarranted, and I apologize.

off to shoot!
Shelby