The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax 645 A 120 Macro or Pentax-A 645 150mm F3.5 Which one to keep

rollsman44

I have these 2 Wonderful Lenses that I want to use on my Nikon D810 camera for portraits. I like them both and the 150 is so much lighter than the 120. They are so close in focal length and BOTH excellent IQ
I dont think I would use the 2 of them. So, I need to sell one. Any help is appreciated

Shashin

As you said both are excellent. I am not sure you have a bad choice. I guess my most important criteria would be minimum focus distance, which is related to how tight you shoot portraits. Beyond that, I can see weight an important factor. The other possibility is not to make a decision now until you have shot them for a bit. Time will tell which is being used. Or just keep both. I have never found I have ever had too many lenses.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
They are radically different. The 120 is the only 645 lens I still have, but I only use it on a Fuji X. When I had both, I used the macro for tripod mounted focus stacking and the 150 for walk-around medium telephoto on FF.

B L

I am so pleased with my Pentax 645Z and the Pentax 45-85 F4.5 FA Zoom. The lens was so inexpensive and the IQ Fantastic. See attached
Very very nice but I am seeing this photo 3rd time in three different threads in two days! Can we see some more and different? Please carry on.