The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase 60mpx MF back

woodyspedden

Natasa, I have a like new ImageBank-II for sale ... I got another one that came as part of a promotional package. I don't need 2 of them.

PM me if interested.
Marc

If Natasa doesn't want the Imagebank I sure do (at the right price of course LOL)

PM me if it becomes available

Woody

LJL

LJ, keep think along those lines -- I suspect you are about to get your wish. And Hassleblad may have to re-do it's "Full Frame" marketing thingy :D
Jack,
Know you are probably working the kinks out a bit more, but thought to ask this anyway.

Saw another thread someplace else where Phase was looking to match the Hassy H3DII-31 deal by putting together the new Phase 645 body, 80mm lens and a P30+ back for $18K. Is that perking ears up on folks at this point? That could be a nice kit to consider.

LJ

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jeeze-o-peezo, what's with the piss on Hasselblad at every oportunity?

EVERYONE calles it full frame ... including Kodak and Sinar... and, yes, Phase One also Jack :rolleyes:
Marc:

Sheesh, it was a joke! I used Hassy because they are the commonly accepted scapegoat for this subject in the forums since they started calling 36x48 full frame back when everybody else was still calling it a "1.1 crop" on 645, then of course everybody else followed suit... Wasn't intending to slam Hassy at all, just used them as the example to hint that the new back is bigger than current "full frame" ... Sorry it offended. With that out of the way, how should we refer to a bigger sensor if/when it comes along so as not to offend anybody? "Fuller-Frame" -- ?

LJL

Marc:

Sheesh, it was a joke! I used Hassy because they are the commonly accepted forum scapegoat for this subject since they started calling 36x48 full frame when everybody else was still calling it a 1.1 crop on 645... Wasn't intending to slam Hassy at all, just used them as the example to hint that the new back is bigger than current "full frame" ... Sorry it offended. What do we call a bigger sensor if/when it comes along so as not to offend anybody? "Fuller-Frame" -- ?
maybe call it what it is.....645D and get away from the "crop crap" wordings and such.....:thumbup:

LJ

T

thsinar

Marc,

sorry, but the only "place" where we do use this term is in the technical specifications. And it is clearly mentioned that we are speaking about the "Full Frame TECHNOLOGY", under the specifications of the "CCD Sensor".

Other than this we have never ever mentioned in any marketing brochure about a "Full Frame" sensor.

Just wanted to put this straight.

Best regards,
Thierry

EVERYONE calles it full frame ... including Kodak and Sinar... and, yes, Phase One also Jack :rolleyes:

yaya

On this point I agree with Graham.

Blad did try to gain some marketing leverage over it's MFDB competitors,
at the time, by using a little marketing slight of hand.
At the same time,they had also just released a new viewfinder that did
not require a mask to show the true crop.
This logic, also,could be stretched a little to sell 'full frame' since the user
saw only the capture area through the viewfinder thus 'full frame'.

Mark
Mark, if you take the prism off of an H3DII 22/31/39 you will see that there IS a mask over the focusing screen. The new prism has an additional dioptre at the rear that enlarges the image viewed through.

BTW the actual sensor area on the 22MP and 39MP kodaks is 36.8X49.1 and it DOES says so on the Hasselblad data sheets. For whatever reason, they've chosen to market it as 36X48 which is probably why many people got confused.

Yair

PeterA

Oh my! my H3D11-39 isnt a full frame camera? :talk028::confused:

BUGGER !! :banghead::cry:

:bugeyes::bugeyes: thanks for the info on this key issue guys!

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

maybe call it what it is.....645D and get away from the "crop crap" wordings and such.....:thumbup:

LJ

LJL

Looks like MR at LL has let the Phase 65+ rumor out a bit early, including pricing. Though only some speculative comments about "variable resolution", this still looks quite interesting.....and on a "proprietary" Dalsa sensor. Wonder what Sinar, et al. will be doing next?

LJ

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
He did but I think there is more coming from Lance later, from a e-mail he sent me. He would not even tell me yet. LOL