The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Promising new products for flocking and eliminating veiling glare.

cunim

OK, so i want to treat the inside of my Kipon adapter for Mamiya lenses. Exactly which of these is the best product to order?

buildbot

OK, so i want to treat the inside of my Kipon adapter for Mamiya lenses. Exactly which of these is the best product to order?
Probably this one? It has glue already so it seems easiest? https://www.the-black-market.com/marketplace/vl-flock-sheet/

This seems much better than using the black 4.0 I still have yet to try. The fact they have IR is awesome. Many plastics are very IR reflective, for example, with a 850NM bandpass filter, my Mamiya 210mm is clearly not black anymore, nor are some plastics and metals on my XF/IQ3.
_Z7I4799.jpeg

Ft. PDAF lines, thanks Nikon ;)

cunim

Just checked and the shipping (about $40) costs more than the product. I would like to get a couple of sheets of the A4 flock but I hate it when this happens.

Doppler9000

Just checked and the shipping (about $40) costs more than the product. I would like to get a couple of sheets of the A4 flock but I hate it when this happens.
The obvious answer - order enough more stuff that the shipping seems reasonable.

rdeloe

It's the same with the flocking I've been using from Edmunds. Two big sheets cost as much as the shipping. It's not quite a lifetime supply, but it sure lasts for a long time.

anyone

Just ordered 500mm x 1000mm of the 0.4mm sheet with thin tape. That is a lifetime supply, but shipping cost are more relevant than the material cost. Let's see how it performs! Internal flare is one of the biggest showstoppers when adapting tech cam glass.

cunim

This concerns me, from the Musou web site: Applies to both IR and VL versions of the flocking paper. Sensors are hard enough to keep clean without tiny specks of carbon floating about. Comments?

However, as a drawback of the flocking process, little bits of dust may be generated due to fiber loss, so please be careful when applying it somewhere where cleanliness is a top priority or in internal parts of precision equipment.

buildbot

This concerns me, from the Musou web site: Applies to both IR and VL versions of the flocking paper. Sensors are hard enough to keep clean without tiny specks of carbon floating about. Comments?

However, as a drawback of the flocking process, little bits of dust may be generated due to fiber loss, so please be careful when applying it somewhere where cleanliness is a top priority or in internal parts of precision equipment.
Yeah, I was initially very excited and about to order some of these when I saw that yesterday actually. I don’t like particles…on my sensor, or breathing them!

cunim

I will look forward to hearing how anyone does with the Musou products. By the way, here is a message I sent to Kipon about their P1/GFX adaptor. I would really like to use my P1 lenses with the GFX but the flare is really bad.

I have the PHASE M645-GFX E. With any longer P1 lenses this adapter exhibits serious flare. For example, the P1 80mm has enough flare to be a problem, while the P1 120mm macro is unusable.

Do you have a recommendation about how to treat the inside of this adaptor to reduce flare? Specific make of paint or flock would be useful to know. Even better would be if you would offer a custom flock treatment.