The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recommended technician for Mamiya 200mm APO

John Black

My Mamiya 200/2.8 needs its greased replaced. I'd seen Bill Roger's name on some threads, but he says he doesn't work on the Mamiya 200 APO. From time to time Don (DAG) has worked on some non-Leica lenses for me, but he's too busy these days, so he declined to work on the 200mm APO too. So, looking for some recommendations for someone who can service the 200mm APO here in the US. I do not want to ship it abroad for a simple CLA. Suggestions? Thanks.

John Black

Thanks Rob. Reached out to Bob and no dice. They are NOT accepting repairs on Mamiya equipment. Maybe SK Grimes...?...

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
My Mamiya 200/2.8 needs its greased replaced. I'd seen Bill Roger's name on some threads, but he says he doesn't work on the Mamiya 200 APO. From time to time Don (DAG) has worked on some non-Leica lenses for me, but he's too busy these days, so he declined to work on the 200mm APO too. So, looking for some recommendations for someone who can service the 200mm APO here in the US. I do not want to ship it abroad for a simple CLA. Suggestions? Thanks.
I *think* I had a Mamiya 7II CLA'd at the Penumbra Foundation in NYC. They're worth a call.

Oren Grad

I *think* I had a Mamiya 7II CLA'd at the Penumbra Foundation in NYC. They're worth a call.
Are you thinking of Frank Rubio? He used to have his workspace embedded deep in the bowels of the Penumbra Foundation building, has since moved out to his own place on W 39 St:

https://www.cameradoctornyc.com/

Frank has done some work for me - fixed a variety of issues on a 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 Crown Graphic - but it's been a while. Certainly worth giving him a call.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Are you thinking of Frank Rubio? He used to have his workspace embedded deep in the bowels of the Penumbra Foundation building, has since moved out to his own place on W 39 St:

https://www.cameradoctornyc.com/

Frank has done some work for me - fixed a variety of issues on a 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 Crown Graphic - but it's been a while. Certainly worth giving him a call.
Well, that fits the description of his workspace, so I think you are correct. Thank you for the update!