The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

scho

Dug out the DP1M FS again to try some more IR false color shooting. Snap below taken out of deck door was shot with a Hoya green X1 filter on the lens, custom WB in camera from shot of some snow, and processed x3f raw file through Sigma PhotoPro6 using foveon classic blue color model. Tif file was processed in Luminar Neo with 2x scaling and some light sharpening. 50% jpeg uploaded to Flickr.

scho

Yes I still have my SD 1 but have not used it for several years. It is a large DSLR and not as nimble as the DP1 M, but similar image quality. There ia removable dust cover/IR cut filter over the sensor so very easy to do IR or FS work without modifying the camera.

Sample image taken with the IR cut filter removed and Kolari IRChrome filter on the 17-50 lens,

lightnmagic

Yes I still have my SD 1 but have not used it for several years. It is a large DSLR and not as nimble as the DP1 M, but similar image quality. There ia removable dust cover/IR cut filter over the sensor so very easy to do IR or FS work without modifying the camera.

Sample image taken with the IR cut filter removed and Kolari IRChrome filter on the 17-50 lens,

I was interested in using like a 12mm lens or so for landscape .....But I agree its a bulky beast to be carting around ......Can an adapter be placed on dp1's making it wider ? If possible

lightnmagic

Below images no IR mods made to cam or any filter .......Only swapping the channel color to get the difft colors ..........This was just a. first time experiment after seeing some of the images here.

Blueberries & Red Strawberries :)
69.jpg

Only the brightest Strawberries :)
80.jpg

UR....Um Unknown fruit...lol
79.jpg

Last edited:

pegelli

^^ interesting experiment lightnmagic, I like the compositions (maybe a bit less cut off trees on the right in the first) but, to say it mildly, I think I would like them much more in their original colours. My taste is pretty conservative however, there are also very few UV or IR colour photos I like.

lightnmagic

^^ interesting experiment lightnmagic, I like the compositions (maybe a bit less cut off trees on the right in the first) but, to say it mildly, I think I would like them much more in their original colours. My taste is pretty conservative however, there are also very few UV or IR colour photos I like.
I agree I prefer the original colors ..This was a challenge to do it digitally ….which made it interesting and fun ….And yes wish I got more of that tree