The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP3 Merrill - best of shots

lightnmagic

After long got back into photography.....Had to remember the nuances when working with the Dp3 M .......The last pict is 2 image stitch....One doesn't need a dp1 M...but if I had one would be nice to run a comparison bet stitching thru DP3 M vs a single shot on Dp1 M ......If anyone has both would love to see that comparison

Ford01.jpg

Ford02.jpg

RioSecco.jpg

Last edited:

lightnmagic

So these Giant sculptures are placed by this company out on the side walks /outside shops/inside .....Very detailed .....Thought DP3 merill would be a good fit ......This was alot
of fun taking them & processing them

Welcome to the land of Giants
19.jpg

12 .jpg

Below image has been cut into 3 pieces so that one can see the intricate details in an expanded view

20_01.jpg
20_02.jpg
20_03.jpg

21.jpg

15.jpg

22.jpg

Last edited:

lightnmagic

Went to this place to look for some Outdoor statues for my backyard . Didnt find what I was looking for but found this . Had my DP 3m with me. Wanted to spend more time at this place taking picts of this magical kingdom but was short on time .

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

Last edited:

lightnmagic

On christmas day decided to go to the golf course for a walk in morning as no one was there & it was fun strolling thru & taking picts. The tree below seems to be doing the MJ move of leaning forward ....lol

29.jpg

This is the Reo Secco Golf course club in Vegas

30.jpg

Last edited:

lightnmagic

Sigma DP series cameras are fast becoming cult cameras. I just bought DP2 again!
Playing with sd1 lately ……But can’t beat compactness and quality of Merill …..I did a comparison between a hasselblad and dp3 …..In proper lighting situations it’s better than a hassleblad and that says a lot !….Basically holding a medium format qty…..When looking at a cam/lens in my observation see how it photographs metallic objects ……The reason being in a small space it contains shadows-midtones -highlights and one gets to see how the sensor/ lens resolves that ….The difference will become apparent………The cons of the Merill cams besides the obvious is the User and how the images are being processed…..Though on this thread I think everyone is doing a great job

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: B L

B L

Playing with sd1 lately ……But can’t beat compactness and quality of Merill …..I did a comparison between a hasselblad and dp3 …..In proper lighting situations it’s better than a hassleblad and that says a lot !….Basically holding a medium format qty…..When looking at a cam/lens in my observation see how it photographs metallic objects ……The reason being in a small space it contains shadows-midtones -highlights and one gets to see how the sensor/ lens resolves that ….The difference will become apparent………The cons of the Merill cams besides the obvious is the User and how the images are being processed…..Though on this thread I think everyone is doing a great job
Here is my first try. The Sigma software is a bit......... ,no keystone or crop tool. I think they are well hidden that even Sigma software writers can not find them,
DP2M2144.jpg

Last edited:

ggibson

I do shoot X3F raw and process in SPP but it’s not always necessary. The jpgs are pretty good. SPP is pretty slow, so I mostly leave settings as-is and export a 16-but tiff. Either way, I always finish any edits in Lightroom.

• Thanks
Reactions: B L