The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Leica Picture Thread

scho

I dug out some of my old Zeiss glass that I used previously with other Leica M cameras (M8, M-E, M, M10) to try on the high resolution 60 mp M11. Here are some of the lenses that I tried today with the M11, including the Contax G 45 Planar and 90 Sonnar, both converted to LM mount. Contax C/Y 28 distagon in a simple C/Y to LM adapter. I also have the 28 Biogon in native ZM mount and Contax G mount that I did not use today.

28mm Distagon

45mm Planar

90 mm Sonnar

and a two more misc shots.

45mm Planar

90mm Sonnar
(note the "sapcicle" hanging off the maple branch above the empty peanut feeder)

pegelli

|m11-p | voigtländer color-skopar 2.8/28mm |
Hey Bart, congrats on the new lens and how do you like it and which version did you get?
I have the M-Rokkor 28/2.8 that performs quite well on my M246M but I'm still eying the type II version of the Voigtländer. Major drawbacks of the M-Rokkor are the odd filter thread size (40.5 mm) and the fact it gives the 35 mm framelines on an M body instead of the correct 28 mm ones. The Type II Color Skopar would give me the correct framelines and a 39 mm filter thread for which I have the yellow and orange filters which are very useful on a monochrom camera. It's also slightly smaller and lighter which is a plus.

Knorp

Hi Pieter,
I have the type 1 as I don’t care much for filters and I like that the 2.8/28 (type 1) and the 2.8/40 share the same design/layout.
But for filters the 2.8/28 (type 2) is definitely the better choice.
The 2.8/40 is pretty good imo, but as I had just one brief windy and rainy session with the 2.8/28 the jury is still out.
Kind regards.