The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Leica Picture Thread

Godfrey

My latest lens acquisition was a trade of the Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH for the Summaron-M 28mm f/5.6. And I am just delighted with how this ancient lens design draws...

SJFRWW Breakfast - San Jose 2024
Leica M10-M + Summaron-M 28mm
ISO 3200 @ f/5.6 @ 1/60
Three frame composite merge

enjoy! G

Knorp

You have tamed this lens.
I can tell you it was a very lucky shot, because I just fired in a reflex without looking through the OVF and aiming roughly in their direction.
Moments before I shot a window pain at more or less the same distance.

NB earlier I said the lens was way off, but that seems to be down to user error. After almost 10 years without an M, my focusing skills had become a bit rusty.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: B L

B L

I can tell you it was a very lucky shot, because I just fired in a reflex without looking through the OVF and aiming roughly in their direction.
Moments before I shot a window pain at more or less the same distance.

NB earlier I said the lens was way off, but that seems to be down to user error. After almost 10 years without an M, my focusing skills had become a bit rusty.
Yes, when the tools are in the right hands.
This flickriver stream of recents shows hundreds of Nocti F1 pictures but very few noteworthy.

pegelli

Hey Bart, excellent photo. And the background fits these old trams very well.

Here's two photos my father took in the late 50's / early 60's in Amsterdam when these trams were modern and in full service.

Fog on the Victorieplein

Rooseveltlaan "under construction"

They fully fit this thread, probably taken with a IIIf and Elmar 50/3.5. I don't think he already had an M2 at that time

Knorp

Hey Bart, excellent photo. And the background fits these old trams very well.

Here's two photos my father took in the late 50's / early 60's in Amsterdam when these trams were modern and in full service.

Fog on the Victorieplein

Rooseveltlaan "under construction"

They fully fit this thread, probably taken with a IIIf and Elmar 50/3.5. I don't think he already had an M2 at that time
Amazing pictures, Pieter. Thank you for sharing, much appreciated !

Best regards.

pegelli

Thanks Bart, My parents lived in "Nieuw Zuid" (Stichtstraat) from 1952 until 1964, and I was born there in 1956. I was too young to remember much from that time but the old photo's that my father took there of the neighbourhood are a real treasure.
My 3,5 year older brother remembers a lot more and wrote several novels that are situated there, like Zuidelijke Wandelweg, De Zomer van Icarus and his last one Terug naar de Stichtstraat (which was long-listed for the Libris Literatuurprijs). All the photos on those book covers are photos by my father with his old IIIf that was later passed down to me and started my yourney in serious photography.

scho

Another high resolution stitching option for the Leica M11. Pentax 67 55/4 lens mounted to Fotodiox Vertex adapter to EF mount and then to the M11 with an additional EF to M adapter. Like the other Vertex adapters, you take 4 shots rotating the camera counter clockwise to preset stops and then stitch the four files using Photomerge or the app of choice to generate a final image approximately 1:1 and 150 MP. Excellent lens and very sharp.