The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

There's still hope! The Pentax K-3 III Monochrome

PapaJoe

I'm intrigued. Although it's not full-frame and it's a dSLR, it is a monochrome alternative to the >$9k Leica Monochrom. I'll definitely want to try one.

Papa Joe

tcdeveau

Woah. Well played Pentax, well played.

I’m in the minority but I wish more manufacturers would offer monochrome-only options. The M10M was probably the most fun I’ve had with a camera in a long time when I had it, and I enjoy the IQ4 150 Achro, but having less expensive options (even APS-C dSLRs) is awesome for anyone not wanting to shell out fora leica or a P1.

algrove

I hope it is a big, big success for Ricoh/Pentax. Then it might convince Fuji to issue an XT-5 Mono. I could care which sensor just issue one, please. An autofocus Monochrom-Wow!

Fuji should hook onto this rising star right now while the coals are hot.

Not being a current Pentax owner, the comments on which model(s) are order restricted is unclear to me if you look at Pentaxrumors. Also they only sell their Mono through Ricoh Stores. Strange.

Last edited:

Godfrey

If I still had any of the better K-mount lenses I once had, I'd be more excited. LOL! The K-mount 43mm f/1.9 Limited and 77mm f/1.8 Limited are just superb lenses, as is the diminutive 21mm f/3.4 Limited. But it's long past since I sold off all those lenses and all the rest of my Pentax gear... Can't have everything, and don't have time to use it all if I had it..!

It is good to see a monochrome body available at a low price, regardless.

scho

I would love to see Ricoh revive the GXR with a monochrome module. I still have and occasionally use the GXR with the M mount module.

Godfrey

A GXR with just the M-Mount Camera Module fitted with a modern, current spec APS-C sensor, in both color and monochrome, would be a sweet camera. I doubt Ricoh will ever do it again. But here's to wishing for good things like that to happen!

G

Godfrey

The truly amuzing part of these last couple of posts is that $15K is not even beyond the 'expensive' threshold for high-end, mechanical watches nowadays. An Omega Speedmaster Calibre 321 Chronograph 42mm runs at about $62K these days, and that's at the low end of the high-end watch range. Take a look at what Piaget and other high-end brands get for their wares...

Leica's timepieces are a bargain in their market class...

G

biglouis

The truly amuzing part of these last couple of posts is that $15K is not even beyond the 'expensive' threshold for high-end, mechanical watches nowadays. An Omega Speedmaster Calibre 321 Chronograph 42mm runs at about $62K these days, and that's at the low end of the high-end watch range. Take a look at what Piaget and other high-end brands get for their wares...

Leica's timepieces are a bargain in their market class...

G
I just use my smartphone... keeps my wrist nice and clean...