The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X1D + HCD24mm f/4.8 + HTS 1.5

I have tried shooting with HTS 1.5 Tilt Shift adapter on the X1D using a HCD 24mm f/4.8 via XH adapter. The 3 images show a

- (1) slightly cropped 24mm f/16 w/o HTS focused on the stone front left (about hyperfocal distance around 2 meters),
- (2) 24mm f16 + HTS tilted about +5 ° and
- (3) 5 image Pano 24mm + HTS tilted +5°.

All with ISO 100, exposure 8-15 sec, LEE 0.9 ND filter. Also used the in-camera 1:1 square crop modus.

I am not sure if the HTS tilt solution is worth the additional effort or if it is better for a more suitable DOF. My objective was to get a DOF from very near to very far without going smaller than f16. What is your opinion?

Also, where is the optimal focus point to be set with a tilt solution for such objective? On the hyperfocal distance?
Thanks

Juerg

Attachments

tcdeveau

Hi Juerg,
Thanks for sharing. Not many examples out there of shots with the X1D and HTS. I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but does the combo transmit all the relevant metadata to Phocus for lens corrections?

It's very hard to judge with only web sizes. Do you see much a difference when you zoom in?

For whatever reason my eyes seem to prefer (1), and I'm inclined to agree the HTS may not be worth the extra effort based on these images alone. I wonder if you'd see a difference in large prints.
-Todd