Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Technical Camera Images

my point was didactic; Jae is the tilt-master, so i'm sure he will chip in

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    this just occurred to me regarding setting tilt using your distance and calculation methods with respect to a reflection::
    the distance to the steeple for instance is quite different than the distance to the image of the steeple in the reflection, and the disto will show the correct distance to the steeple but will only give the distance to the water surface for the reflection

or did i have too much coffee this morning
    My plane of focus was about 5 degree tilted from horizon; from the reflection of the tip of tree to the middle of building. 1.5 degree lens tilt with 8.0 aperture.

Jae M

ps

A beautiful baseball day in Camden Yard (Baltimore, for those who are not in the US).

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

One more from New Zealand - getting to the end here
    Cambo AE IQ 180 Rodi 40mm
    Taken in the morning at Te Anau ( South Island between Milford Sound and Queenstown)

Philip
    www.pg-pg.com
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Alpa Max
    90HR Alpagon
    17mm Tilt Adapter (x2)
    34mm Tilt Adapter
    P65+
    Profoto Lighting

www.dossantoslemone.com
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Iceland, Sea Stacks and Birds on the Snaefellsness Peninsula.

Cambo WRS-AE, IQ160, HR 32mm, Shifted down some

Attachment 71397

Regards

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Iceland, Sea Stacks and Birds on the Snaefellsness Peninsula.

Cambo WRS-AE, IQ160, HR 32mm, Shifted down some.

Impossible to see in web sizes, but the stick between the rocks is a Lighthouse, and that is a ship on the Horizon under the Sun, both of which are clearly resolved at 100%. The HR32 is and unbelievable lens.

Attachment 71400

Impossible to see in web sizes, but the stick between the rocks is a Lighthouse, and that is a ship on the Horizon under the Sun, both of which are clearly resolved at 100%. The HR32 is and unbelievable lens.

Edit: 100% Crops added for kicks.

Ship
    Attachment 71398

Lighthouse.
    Attachment 71399

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Marlyn; 8th April 2013 at 22:59.
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cazorla, Andalucia, Spain.

Alpa FPS • MAX • TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 • Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com Follow me on ›› Facebook
    Likes 15 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Alpa STC, Rodenstock 35HR, P40+
    Double Deer walking trail in SaiKung Hong Kong

2 Deers by Wesley Tsang, on Flickr
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

[QUOTE=danlindberg;504908]Cazorla, Andalucia, Spain.

Very very nice - I really like that - the vast expanse of sky is great - the color transition. Very nice!!
    Philip
    www.pg-pg.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

deer are camouflaged?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hello Again

If you want me to stop just say so,
    This is shot outside Te Anau, I promise there are not alot more of New Zealand, we were only there two weeks
    Cambo AE IQ180 Rodi 40mm

Philip
    www.pg-pg.com
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Shot in the outmost minimalistic fashion. Handheld, waistlevel with the ultimate apparatus below....
    100iso with Aptus II 5 gives lovely grain and in combination without CF allows for respectable exposure times even @ f8.
    That alone could be my retirement camera. (Although I have another 20 years before that, so I keep on struggling to fit everything numerous cases )

Alpa FPS • MAX • TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 • Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com Follow me on ›› Facebook
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

SunSet at Coromandal, New Zealand
    Cambo AE IQ180 Rodi 40mm iso 35 1/15 sec f11 with slight tilt
    That small spec to the left of the sun between the islands is a fishing boat
    Philip
    www.pg-pg.com
    Likes 18 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Rediscovering the Aptus II 5 after many months of collecting dust. There is something special in the texture...

Likes 17 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Spring is (sort of) here in northern Sweden, snow is melting. In the city the snow becomes very dirty, so it's hard to find beauty.

After my daytime work yesterday I went out with my Leaf Aptus 75 and Linhof Techno and trained on my macro skill. Ended up with that I had to put superglue on my wide angle bellows -- those geared drives makes you strong, I did not notice that I was pulling too hard in the bellows when focusing close (closer than the attached image) so the cloth detached a bit from the metal frame.

The ground glass is better than my DSLR live view when tilt/swinging for macro (since one can move around much faster), but still I think it's hard to realise when the plane of focus is "optimally" placed, it's so razor-thin that one have to make some sort of compromise, and finding that balance is tough. One has to develop the sense of how to tune tilt/swing/focus distance and realise when it's ready, it's easy to get stuck tuning a long time and then the light is gone

This one is the least macroish of the shots I made, SK Digitar 120mm at f/11, still a little tilt and swing applied. I've added some vignetting in post-processing.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by alajuela View Post
    SunSet at Coromandal, New Zealand
    Cambo AE IQ180 Rodi 40mm iso 35 1/15 sec f11 with slight tilt
    That small spec to the left of the sun between the islands is a fishing boat
    Philip

What do you mean by slight tilt ? and did you have to change focus ?
    Regards . Jόrgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jotloob View Post
    Philip

What do you mean by slight tilt ? and did you have to change focus ?
    Hello Jurgen

I was at a higher elevation shooting out into the sunset, at infinity. I also had the tripod fairly low, I tilted the lens down about one degree (the lens has T/S) just to bring the plants into focus a little more. There is some motion blur in the plants as the shutter speed was 1/15th

Best

Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you Philip .
    Regards . Jόrgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

This is a shot I am particular proud of. The reason being that I saw it 17 years ago and shot it with my Fuji GX 680 III with Velvia. With that original I have sold somewhere between 30-40 artworks on canvas from that image over the years. Atleast a couple a year have been produced and in my book a longterm working image is a good image.

Last December I was closeby and thought I must redo it with the Alpa and Credo! The original has a 4:3 ratio but this time I did it in a 2:1 pano. But exactly the same look otherwise. So, maybe I can make artworks of this one for another decade.....

The title is: 'Neighbours'

Last edited by danlindberg; 12th April 2013 at 01:07. Reason: spelling
    Likes 31 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

[QUOTE=danlindberg;505502]This is a shot I am particular proud of. The reason being that I saw it 17 years ago and shot it with my Fuji GX 680 III with Velvia. With that original I have sold somewhere between 30-40 artworks on canvas from that image over the years. Atleast a couple a year have been produced and in my book a longterm working image is a good image.

Last December I was closeby and thought I must redo it with the Alpa and Credo! The original has a 4:3 ratio but this time I did it in a 2:1 pano. But exactly the same look otherwise. So, maybe I can make artworks of this one for another decade.....

The title is: 'Neighbors'

Hello Dan

This is a great story and a great image. - Wish that was my neighbohood.
    Philip
    www.pg-pg.com

Post Thanks / Like

This is a picture I made last year in march from the same village of Casares and from the remains of the old Castle (IQ180 +DF & 150mm Mamiya), almost the same !! (I'm honored )

Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

How cool is that!!

I have been many times in Casares and love it. Did you see plenty of eagles? Once I was there I saw more than 100 eagles at the same time. The last eagles nest remaining in Europe they say, don't know if its true.

Yes, I see that you stood all the way up, I choose my vantagepoint only halfway up only to be more level with the camera and not 'looking down' - but yours is truly sweet. Nice to see an alternative

If you are ever there again, PM and let's get together!!

Post Thanks / Like

2 weeks ago I was on vacations in north of France with family.
    During the trip preparation I saw pictures of an old bunker, remains from the atlantic wall (WW2). I don't know why exactly but I'm drawn to those scary but also fascinating war constructions. There is a sort of intensity in those places.
    Weather was cold (4°C with high wind) but I decided (against the will of most) to go find this blockhouse. Found the place quickly but this construction is quite tall and looked way closer than it really was. So, after 20 minutes walk in cold high wind I did reach it and took some handheld pictures of it using the Cambo + Rodenstock 32mm + IQ180 (maybe I'm a bit reckless and/or stupid but like to walk with that gear in my backpack or even strapped to my shoulder...). Anyway, it was the golden hour and took some shots. First time I looked at them I was quite happy but then thought this could be better.

Test shot:

The next day I planned a second visit, but this time the whole family was here. As the weather was even worse everybody quickly returned to the warmth of the car (there is a parking lot just in front of the beach that forced a laugh remembering my 40 minutes walk at Marine corp pace of the day before...).
    So what do you do when 5 persons are waiting for you and you're in cold wind ? why not take the tripod out of the car and go use your big stopper filter (for the 1st time) trying some artistic effects ?

Tried different angles, different shutter times and tilt options before making the final 3 pictures here below (all taken with the Cambo, 32 HR and IQ 180 + Lee big stopper @ f11, 30sec). All in less that 15 minutes...
    The big stopper brings a strong blue tint to the pictures I decided not to eliminate completely. It is in total harmony with the weather and sensation coming from that place at that moment.

I'm really happy with the result this time. The strong wind and slow shutter speed did not jeopardized the resolution. The big stopper gives that great effect on the see and sky. Too bad I did screwed up the last picture sharpness (didn't removed the 1 degree of left tilt used for the 2nd picture before taking the 3rd one, right corner is blurred ). But hey, lesson learned for the next time !

What a great gear to use. I'm loving it and warmly thanks Guy & Jack for this forum and all the active community
    As thrice I'm another victim hated by my banker.
    Last edited by anGy; 12th April 2013 at 05:21.
    Likes 13 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danlindberg View Post
    How cool is that!!

I have been many times in Casares and love it. Did you see plenty of eagles? Once I was there I saw more than 100 eagles at the same time. The last eagles nest remaining in Europe they say, don't know if its true.

Yes, I see that you stood all the way up, I choose my vantagepoint only halfway up only to be more level with the camera and not 'looking down' - but yours is truly sweet. Nice to see an alternative

If you are ever there again, PM and let's get together!!
    In fact I prefer your point of view, mine is indeed too high and sided from the front houses I think.
    I did see some eagles but not that much (max 3 to 4) and in fact thought they were buzzard Hum will take a better look next time. Should be great to meet you in that lovely region !

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by anGy View Post

very lovely shots. like this one the most!

i'm with you that those places and buildings have a strong intense emotional charging. you can almost inhale the breath of history...
    would really like to visit the atlantic wall too. or at least whats left of it.

i'm planing to do some documentary stuff of ww2 shelters in my surrounding here in austria.
    there should be a bunch of them, i have to research ...
    www.thomasebruster.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Photomgraphy, this is also my preferred one. Nice 50" print made of it. Some WW2 shelters remains here on the belgian coast already are inspiring. Can't wait to see those from Normandy. Have fun with the Austrian ones !

Post Thanks / Like

Alpa STC, Rodenstock Apo-Sironar Digital 35mm HR, Phaseone P40+, Square crop, tint with Silver Efex

2 Deers waterfall by Wesley Tsang, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The White Domes Trail, Valley of Fire, Nevada, Feb 2013

Aptus 22, Cambo WRS-1200, Rodenstock Apo-Sironar 55mm
    Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hey, so finally I have some time to post something again. Has been a while and really busy. I hope to have more time in the next few weeks.

Arca | IQ180 | 70HR | 10 Images

Arca | IQ180 | 40HR | 3 Images

Christopher Hauser
    My iPhone / iPad Apps
    http://www.hauser-photoart.com

Post Thanks / Like

STC, Sinaron Digital 55/4.5, DM22, 3 shots stitched. A rework of my old files with C1 7.1 and Silver Efex

It might be a bit bored with the "default" shooting location... but it's always excited to meet a scene with lovely cloud and wave.

Twelve apostles

M_000667 by Wesley Tsang, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Two new one:

Arca | IQ180 | 40HR | 6 Images

Christopher Hauser
    My iPhone / iPad Apps
    http://www.hauser-photoart.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wesley View Post
    Alpa STC, Rodenstock Apo-Sironar Digital 35mm HR, Phaseone P40+, Square crop, tint with Silver Efex

2 Deers waterfall by Wesley Tsang, on Flickr
    I do come back to this photo.
    It is a lot of things I like about it!

But what is realy special for me in this one is the small sliver of sky on the top,
    with the clear outline of the trees and the small bush in the bottom of the picture.
    There is a clear communications between this two elements in the picture

Ray
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Old Gulf Station, Quincy FL
    Max + 28xl + P45

A first test shot with the 28xl. The sun was spilling over the rear of the building and there was some flair to deal with. I had heard some negative stuff about this lens, but I wanted the perspective; I am glad I sprung for it. With the P45, it handled well at f/11 with a 7mm rise. This is a quickie, no LCC, no C1, just Lightroom and some tweaks. This is located in a bad neighborhood and a few walker-byes stopped to say hi that did make me feel a bit uncomfortable. I could not wait for my guy to tag along as I was too anxious to try the lens out. Next time, he comes with me!
    "Creativity takes courage." ~ Henri Matisse
    Darlene Almeda, photoscapes.com
    Likes 20 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Two new one:

Arca | IQ180 | 40HR | 6 Images

Nice, were on top of a building shooting the tower?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grayhand View Post
    I do come back to this photo.
    It is a lot of things I like about it!

But what is realy special for me in this one is the small sliver of sky on the top,
    with the clear outline of the trees and the small bush in the bottom of the picture.
    There is a clear communications between this two elements in the picture

Ray
    Pleased that you enjoy the shot Ray. The small piece of ground that allow me to take this shot is about 15ft above the ground/water level with only 3x3 feet big... I scratched my beloved newly acquired Gitzo sys3 tripod when climbing up... had 4-5 trials when I did the post processing and this one selected as last.

It's a joy to make this shot. Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Grand Staircase Escalante, Utah.
    Cambo WRS, SK35XL, Leaf Aptus II 7.
    Two vertical shots, stitched and slightly cropped.

I'm standing on top of a butte similar to the ones in the picture, the drop down is about 700 feet. Nevertheless in the full size image you can see the cracks in the dry wash below! The quality of the files of the Aptus II 7 and SK35XL never stops to amaze me...

A behind the scenes shot of your truly on the job can be seen in the Behind The Scenes thread here: http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-f...-scenes-4.html

Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Two images from Davenport Beach last friday. Both taken with the 32 HR, 17mm tilt adaptor, with Alpa STC and IQ 180 at ISO 35. The first is a 1s exposure and the second 6s. The first taken as the sun was about to set and the second obviously much earlier with lots more light. I did use a little bit of tilt in both images.

Aravind
    www.akimagery.com
    Likes 20 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

First day with the P45 and Alpa SWA.... learning curve to be sure.

The buildings with about 10mm shift. No LCC's applied. All shots 35mm APO-Digitar. The portrait shot wide open - see crop, I think the lens is plenty sharp wide open.

Thank you to my dear girlfriend Sarah for allowing me to post an unedited 100% crop of an image of her with such biting sharpness

My Tumblr

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Daniel,

You're going to love that system

The 35mm is a gem of a lens too.
    Ylem ...

Post Thanks / Like

Some Photos of our Gallery in Paris - Galerie Matignon.

Alpa Max
    32HR
    17mm Tilt Adapter
    P65+
    Profoto Lighting

www.dossantoslemone.com
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Dogwood trees are blooming in Yosemite...
    Alpa MAX
    IQ160
    SK 150 SB

www.rgaphoto.com
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is from yesterday and comes with a nice little story Around 30 minutes before sunset my oldest daughter (11 years old) comes to me and says: "dad, can we go out and make a photograph of the sunset?" First time she ever asked this and I grabbed the opportunity at once and quickly put on the newly arrived SK 120 N (short barrel conversion) onto the MAX and off we go.
    I ask her some questions if she has something particular in mind or we just drive around...she wants a tree! and the sunset! OK, lets look for trees with the sunset in the background and before long she points at a lonely tree 20 metres from the country road.
    She unfolds the tripod to full extension (yes, I descreetly doublechecked that is was secure ) And then I asked her to place the tripod where she wanted me to put on the camera. She chose a spot and I put on the camera. Then I explained that she had to point the lens towards what she wanted to photograph and look at the sprirtlevels on the tripodhead and adjust until both were level. Then I gave her the Disto and she took the reading to the tree, she set the distance on the lens. I showed her where to switch on the back and while that was booting, I gave her the cable release to screw on. We guessed the exposure values together and she set them. Then she took the picture and reviewed it on the back. Big eyes and big smile - COOL!
    So, 11 years old and this is her first capture.
    (Edit: I should add that it is the entire width of the original capture, I only cropped the bottom for 2:1 ratio)
    Likes 23 Member(s) liked this post

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Dan,

I suspect that the acorn hasn't fallen far from the tree We'll be looking forward to the images from your new apprentice - no doubt taking advantage of that II 5 and a youthful new Alpa user.

Ylem ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danlindberg View Post
    This is from yesterday and comes with a nice little story Around 30 minutes before sunset my oldest daughter (11 years old) comes to me and says: "dad, can we go out and make a photograph of the sunset?" First time she ever asked this and I grabbed the opportunity at once and quickly put on the newly arrived SK 120 N (short barrel conversion) onto the MAX and off we go.
    I ask her some questions if she has something particular in mind or we just drive around...she wants a tree! and the sunset! OK, lets look for trees with the sunset in the background and before long she points at a lonely tree 20 metres from the country road.
    She unfolds the tripod to full extension (yes, I descreetly doublechecked that is was secure ) And then I asked her to place the tripod where she wanted me to put on the camera. She chose a spot and I put on the camera. Then I explained that she had to point the lens towards what she wanted to photograph and look at the sprirtlevels on the tripodhead and adjust until both were level. Then I gave her the Disto and she took the reading to the tree, she set the distance on the lens. I showed her where to switch on the back and while that was booting, I gave her the cable release to screw on. We guessed the exposure values together and she set them. Then she took the picture and reviewed it on the back. Big eyes and big smile - COOL!
    So, 11 years old and this is her first capture.
    (Edit: I should add that it is the entire width of the original capture, I only cropped the bottom for 2:1 ratio)
    Beautiful story, beautiful image!!
    "Creativity takes courage." ~ Henri Matisse
    Darlene Almeda, photoscapes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sonoran Desert NM, Arizona.
    Cambo WRS, SK35XL or SK47XL - forgot to take note, Leaf Aptus II 7.
    Two horizontal shots, stitched and slightly cropped.

Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Colourful Spain!

Post Thanks / Like

Likes 19 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

After our wedding, we decided to go to the park and take some photos with the FPS. The photos came out far better than I had thought. Out of 150 photos, there were about 80 useable photos, and 31 keepers.

Here are 3.

Alpa FPS
    50HR Alpagon
    FPS Tilt Adapter
    P65+

www.dossantoslemone.com

Post Thanks / Like

Some snaps with the SWA and 35XL in London. Is the flare typical of this lens or could it be because of the UV filter I had fitted?

My Tumblr
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post